PDA

View Full Version : hello from the midlands

summer.wolf
19-04-14, 20:30
Hello all. I am a new member here. Probably my story is familiar to many. My mum suffered bipolar borderline schizophrenia runs in the family. Self harmed as a teenager, swing from depression to anxiety over several years. Currently feel powerless in bad situation at work, serious money problems and basically killing the feelings with alcohol. I don't know where to turn any more. My family and colleagues have no idea. I don't have friends. Guess this is the first time I have been really honest. Help! Thanks for listening.

summer.wolf
19-04-14, 21:04
Thank you! Really made my day. X. Northamptonshire. Twenty years now. From up north originally.

xrachykinsx
20-04-14, 01:12
Northamptonshire gal here too :) x

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-14, 08:38
Haha its fine! :) Feel free to mssage if you need someone to chat to :)
Ahh righto, South Staffordshire here :) since forever

I'm North Staffs myself. Always been an oatcake!

summer.wolf
20-04-14, 09:26
Oatcake? That one escaped me. From n Yorkshire originally, but don't hold that against me ;-)

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-14, 20:01
Oatcake? That one escaped me. From n Yorkshire originally, but don't hold that against me ;-)

I won't, you've got Yum-Yums up there!

Its the local food for us, the oatcake, a bit like a pancake.

summer.wolf
20-04-14, 20:26
Yum yums?

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-14, 20:29
I've had them in York. We don't get them around here much and I was led to believe they were more from up that way.

They are a lovely sweet pastry roll. Very nice!

summer.wolf
20-04-14, 20:38
Ooh will have to do some exploration when I visit in July. Haven't been York since I was tiny! Hope you are well and your day is going OK anyway. X

HalfJack
20-04-14, 20:42
Very! They sell yum yums in gregs :D also :welcome:

I'm in the midlands too! staffordshire. Originally from Essex, where they harvest rapeseed oil and have a lot of laboratories but no notable cake. I love the midlands, even the posh restaurants have ketchup.

summer.wolf
20-04-14, 20:57
Love Greggs sausage rolls. Yeah much prefer the midlands to up north.

xrachykinsx
20-04-14, 21:08
Yum yums?..... you can get them in greggs anywhere! :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-14, 05:07
Where's the salivating smilie, ah yes...:emot-drool::dribble::emot-yum: