PDA

View Full Version : Allotment and Gardening Facebook Site

nutjob85
19-04-14, 22:06
Hello all

I have been advised to put up the link to my new facebook site

I set the site up for people with mental health issues who enjoy gardening or are thinking of becoming green fingered

Please feel free to visit and like the site. The site is new but hopefully with time it will prosper

All the best

Mark

THE LINK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mental-Health-Gardening-and-Allotment-Group/464244140365418

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-14, 00:52
Thats really good Mark. It's good exercise, you get fresh air, learn new skills, get back into nature and it's as hard or easy as you want to make it.

Last year there were opportunities for things around gardening that went ouyt to some of the charities, it was called 'green' something.

I've read as well that people are being encouraged to set up community allotments.

Charities that have care facilities such Macmillan, Marie Curie, etc tend to have gardens to help the people who stay at them. They ask for volunteers to help maintain their gardens so there are lots of opportunities out there.

There are various national trust type opportunities as well to help rebuild paths, walls, maintain, etc.

I often think it would be good to see groups like this to help people get out of their anxiety & depression.

Dying_Swan
20-04-14, 02:15
Hi Mark

Thanks for sharing this. I have "liked" the page and look forward to reading how it all goes! I enjoy gardening and growing veggies (in a very amateur way!) and find it very therapeutic.

Good luck!

maggiemay1
20-04-14, 13:26
I also have an allotment, it all needs digging over but am going to start this week, weather permitting