PDA

View Full Version : parkinsons ...maybe?

pepsi
19-04-14, 22:58
Hi ive had twitching for 6 months all over they are better than they were but still firing ..my left eye twitch caused my eye to close momentairily ....my legs ache when i climb the stairs i had an ache in my left arm for days then a dent formed ...my head inside feels like its firing or twitching its moved sometimes on its own when im resting it on the sofa i was so scared of als but now im thinking i have parkinsons ..my father died of it 18 months ago.....i dont shake but my fingers and toes move on their own on occasion when i smile my lips twitch if i hold my face straining my mouth my neck muscles start to twitch then my head will start....or is it caused by straining muscles in my neck....i watched my dad die of parkinsons ...maybe this is what im developing....i want to enjoy life but these fears tire me i dont go out im just waiting for the nxt twitch to hit...i sit fretting daily. Tnx for reading

Catherine S
19-04-14, 23:40
After such a traumatic thing like watching your father die, its more likely that you've developed a fear of this disease rather than the illness itself and its quite common to project symptoms onto yourself in situations like this. In my family its heart attacks and I've lost a lot of male family members to it so guess what my fear used to be? I say used to be because it no longer rules my life like it once did...I'm old now and still here, so...

Funnily enough I can be quite a twitchy person too, especially my lips and eyelids, but can get the twitches anywhere, its not necessarily a sign of Parkinson's. You don't give your age or if your doctor has tested you for it. Not sure if its an hereditary condition?

RoseEve
20-04-14, 04:13
I agree with ISB

pepsi
20-04-14, 10:38
Thankyou...maybe it is all in my head...& thankyou to the first person who responded reading your message gave me great comfort ...rose eve thanku too