PDA

View Full Version : Stroke worries:(

Ginge-
19-04-14, 23:03
Hi there,

Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice, I keep having anxiety About having a stroke:( I'm 17 and I do smoke I know it harmful but smoking helps me relax, anyway I drank two energy drinks today and after the last one I had its left my mouth dry and tasting of sugar all night? I googled this even tho looking on the Internet makes it worse but nhs website said symptom of a stroke the thoughts really gettin me down just need some reassurance and some advice! If I think I'm having a stroke then I get all the feelings like numb arm and tingling fingers but I just think that's me panicking had counselling a few years ago so I sorta know how to calm down abit

Thanks!

AlexandriaUK
20-04-14, 00:18
If you where having or had had a stroke I don't think you would be capable of asking if you where having one if that makes sense, Its a sudden onset disease and extremely rare at your ages, smoking is something you should really make an effort to quit as we all know It is a contributary factor with strokes.
If you go docs they will help you to deal with the anxiety and the symptoms you have mentioned sound like anxiety as well.
Have a cuppa and get some sleep x