PDA

View Full Version : any success with cognitive behavioural therapy?

HB
31-07-04, 13:59
Heya everyone....

I have been seeing a cognitive behavioural therapist for over 8 months now and can finally feel the great effect it is having on me, is there anyone else out there who feels better from the therapy?

Thanks, take care!![8)]

H

nomorepanic
31-07-04, 18:33
Helen

I saw one for about 9 months and then discharged myself and I believe that it really helped me too.

I understand the waiting lists are quite long now but I was lucky and got an appointment after about 2 weeks.

Glad it has helped you too.

Nicola

Meg
31-07-04, 19:29
I did my own. Initially learnt from books .

It did the trick !

Meg

HB
02-08-04, 10:48
WOW!! how clever are you!??!? heehee! Well the reason i posted was because i wanted to discharge myself soon too, i dont want to be going while i am at university. I feel that eight months has been enough and the test will be to see if i can keep it up alone, dont you think?

H

lilac kitten
19-08-04, 12:25
HB,

Since I've been reading your posts over the months your confidence has blossomed. When I was pregnant I felt no need to see my therapist as something in the pregnancy made me really relaxed (I don't fancy being pregnant all the time though!!). So I asked for a break for a while from the therapy with the option to return if I should need it. I did after my dad died earlier this year and I went back to square one. So your options are always there.

Good luck with both giving it a go alone and of course Uni.

Ruth

HB
30-08-04, 18:42
Thanks Ruth,

I've not come on the website for a good couple of weeks primarilt because i wanted to see if i could cope without any words of advice... rushed into it i think.

:)

H

nomorepanic
30-08-04, 19:12
HB

Does that mean that you are not doing so well now or you are coping fine?

Nicola

sal
30-08-04, 20:24
Hi

Good to hear from you.

Pleased you have managed ok so far, but it is nice that you know we are all here should you need us.

Even if you feel you rushed into it, you still know the support is here for you hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

HB
02-09-04, 21:28
Yeah im not feeling great at all.... #I'm off to uni in less than four weeks and am not sure i can do it alone... not ready for living alone, without my dad who is my saviour when i panic, all that way away from everything i have come to rely on... eek!

H

KW
16-09-04, 15:12
Hi HB

Just wondered how you got to have CBT? Was it through your GP or privately? If it was through your GP how long did you have to wait before seeing someone?

KW

sal
16-09-04, 23:25
Hi HB

In reply to questions you have been asked, some are really lucky and CBT is connected to their surgery others have to pay.

I have been lucky and even though have taken break she has always been there for me.

Most have to pay, but contact your doctors and see what the waiting list is like hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

HB
18-10-04, 11:30
Yeah i had my CBT through my GP too, i was lucky and only had to wait a few months to get my first appointment and after that i was seeing Wendy every week for the eight omnths.

H