PDA

View Full Version : bad day

Darren76
04-12-06, 18:32
hey all,

decided to come off the citalopram last week - after 11 months - and have been weaning down gently (from 7-6-5 a week) but forgot to take any last weekend so decided to stop. not been too bad to be honest until wednesday where ive had the nastiest toothache you can imagine (and not got dentist til 2mo) caught the bug that was flying round my office and felt awful.
today has been the worst tho, had what feels like indigestion all day but convinced its something worse. went back to work and felt awful, just didnt wanna be there, but cant afford any more time off.
no places at the docs tonight, so ive stocked up on gaviscon and trying to ride it out, but panicking like hell
anyone feel bad when they come off citalorpam???

normalwisdom
04-12-06, 19:32
Hi Darren

Poor you you are having a bad time at the Mo....

I was on Citalopram for a while and came off of it myself, not sure if I had any withdrawal symptoms, (tbh pretty bad at the time).

It sounds to me that you are just picking up everything going at the mo I had it a couple of weeks ago, if you are feeling low any way I think you pick things up easier, as for the toothache....ouch!

I know you said you are panicking pretty bad at the mo but at least you are taking a step in the right direction with the docs and the dentist and the "gaviscon" (my lifesaver when I was pregnant lol).

Take Care

Steph

yorkylover
04-12-06, 23:02
Hi Darren,I felt like crap when I came of citalopram.But you sound like you are really panicky.Could be a mixture of both.

Ellen XX

Darren76
07-12-06, 12:36
hi again all, thanks for the replies.

still feel bad, isnt indigestion tho as the pain has moved to my left side both front and back. went to see the docs who told me he had no clue what it was and no idea how to stop it.

in my heart of hearts i know its anxiety but cant seem to get the pain to stop. getting referred through work to a private doc which may be of help but im torn between toughing this out and going back onto the citalopram

its been almost 2 weeks since i stopped them, but just felt awful thi slast week or so. tried hot baths etc to relax myself but my job is kinda stressful and i so cant afford any time off at the mo.

just feels like im never gonna beat this - which i know doesnt help my postive thinking but its hard to be posoitve at the mo.

help??????

thanks Darren