PDA

View Full Version : Habit cough, clearing throat... (No response in other thread :/)

Smalldude
20-04-14, 18:05
Im new here and made a couple of 'introductory posts'. About a week and a half ago following a bad attempt at an overhead volley i started getting a sharp pain in my shoulder blade, evidently with a bit of rest this has died down a lot (6 weeks previous to this is had spinal fusion surgery). Being in the state I am i did google my pain to see if i could do any stretches etc and the first thing to come up was lung cancer !!! Ever since then I keep feeling the urge to cough and end up having to force it out, i barely open my mouth and just feels like a habit? Has anyone else experienced this after thinking you have something seriously wrong and then you get the symptoms along with your 'new found, disease' which after tests isn't really true? I do have a slightly blocked nose and build up of phlegm in throat.

MRS STRESS ED
20-04-14, 18:22
Hello sorry I didnt see your other posts,I thought I had MS ,BT you name it I thought I have had it ,your mind tricks you into thinking you have it ,because of the constant thinking about it ,your body will minic symptoms ,the only way round it is not to do this and not to think about it ,and I know its hard but it works when I thought I had ms I constantly felt numb on one side and thought I was falliing I stopped thinking I had it and it went ,its hard work love but you can do this xx

Apple81
20-04-14, 19:00
I have had a cough for years - saw the GP last summer and she says nothing to worry about. But, like you, I googled and worried myself. Now I keep concentrating on how I'm breathing, if I'm getting out of breath etc

Smalldude
20-04-14, 19:38
Thanks for your responses, isn't google the worst, I've had a good day today to be honest, very minimal coughing. That's the problem though one day you can be fine and have very little symptoms and then the next you can be having a heart attack, brain tumour and some form of cancer all at the same time. Gotta keep thinkin positive, off to the docs on Thursday just for a little check up!

MRS STRESS ED
20-04-14, 20:03
Thanks for your responses, isn't google the worst, I've had a good day today to be honest, very minimal coughing. That's the problem though one day you can be fine and have very little symptoms and then the next you can be having a heart attack, brain tumour and some form of cancer all at the same time. Gotta keep thinkin positive, off to the docs on Thursday just for a little check up!

I know hun thats anxiety xx