PDA

View Full Version : Heart Problems/Citalopram

DreamBoy
20-04-14, 19:32
Hello,

Not posted for a while. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience Ive recently had. I was sat at work, and one of my friends mentioned how red in the face I was. I had a look in a mirror and I was literally the colour of a beetroot. I had been noticing that I have had funny sort of heartbeats as well and they happened on this particular day quite quickly one after the other.

I had an ECG and was told that I was having PVC (Premature Ventricular Contractions) which worried the hell out of me, thinking there was something wrong with my heart. Its not subsided and Im still getting them, Ive been to see my Dr twice now and on my second visit he has prescribed me Citalopram(?sp). The Dr believes its related to anxiety and stress that Im having these funny 'flutters'. However it seems to have made me take a huge step back with my anxiety and I just constanly feel like Im anxious again all the time.

So I was just wondering if anyone else out there had suffered with heart palpitations/PVC's etc.

Also how long does it take to notice the affects of Citalopram?

Cheers guys :bighug1:

AlexandriaUK
20-04-14, 19:57
Had them all my life, scary aren't they but it seems they don't occur in unhealthy hearts, well that's what my Dr told me and he suffered with them as well, they are so common.
He suggested I do many things to get them to stop, one was exercise, guess what I was to scared to run LOL hope you feel better x
PS not a clue about cit but im sure someone else will know

rcs
20-04-14, 20:58
The Citalopram starts working after about 2-3 weeks and you can have heightened anxiety and insomnia during this time which will calm down as the citalopram builds up in your system. It can be a catch 22 as initially you feel worse but in the long term you do have less anxiety and it has helped me with my anxiety disorder (GAD) but it is certainly no cure.

Take Care