PDA

View Full Version : Mole worries

Apple81
20-04-14, 20:27
Am at the end of my tether this evening. Am worrying about my moles and can't believe I'm back here again.

I found a mole on the inside of my left knee last week which I scratched and irritated. Then one on my right wrist which I was worried about. Then last night I scratched what I thought was a spot on the back of my right lower leg. It's a mole - which again I've scratched and made bleed. The thing is, I'm covered in moles - all over my body, some of them are large, some of them raised and some of them different shades or spotted. I always thought that was normal and then I've googled haven't I and worried myself sick over melanoma. I can't really see the mole on my right left properly but it looked like there was a spot under it but when I squeezed - nothing. I feel sick. And am scared. I have to see the GP this week about my thyroid medication so will ask her to check them but don't know how I'm going to last until then.

bingjam
20-04-14, 20:58
Awww...
Rhats my biggest fear too... if you look back over y posts ive made on here most of them are probably over my moles.... well mainly one particular mole..

Just keep an eye on any new ones and keep an eye if they change or anything..

New moles always grow till late 40s, some will change some are weird etc..

I have one on my boob and its the weirdest looking mole ive ever seen but it has never changed except when my boobs grew that grew...

I also made the mistake of googling to look at images but that reassured me as my mole is a particular kind. If you google different mole types you will be highly reassured as there are so many different types..

Hope you feel better soon

X

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Also are you sure that they are moles and not a scab or something that tou didn't realise you had and with you scratching it you have irritated it maybe???

Jonesle
21-04-14, 15:34
My biggest fear too! I'm covered in moles, we'll not covered but I think I am. All of mine are weird looking. You know they say that you have to look for "ugly duckling" mole? They are all ugly ducklings. I have raised ones, some are dark, some are light, some are raised, some are flecked, some are fading out towards the edges. I had mine looked at by an (very expensive) dermatologist. They are all fine and show no sinister features according to him. I'm sat there completely dumbfounded and feel like getting out my ipad and getting on trusty google and saying BUT THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT ONE. I keep getting new ones and finding ones I'm not sure he's checked, so right there with you. Ask your gp to take a look and even ask to see a dermatologist to ease your worries.

Apple81
21-04-14, 23:47
Thanks guys - am being a bit more rational today, or trying to at least! I've just got so many of them that it's hard to keep track of them all. I've also had a spot/flesh coloured mole on my chin for a ling time too - which I'll get the GP to look at. I really hate anxiety !

bulan
23-04-14, 22:00
Does anyone here photograph their moles, and check them regularly?

Fishmanpa
23-04-14, 22:10
Does anyone here photograph their moles, and check them regularly?

Nope.... But I know I read here that some document their bathroom visits and I recall a post where someone asked their spouse to photograph their poo!

Positive thoughts

bulan
23-04-14, 23:08
Nope.... But I know I read here that some document their bathroom visits and I recall a post where someone asked their spouse to photograph their poo!

Positive thoughts

Thanks, I laughed out loud at that. At the same time, I have to admit, I understand why people would do this!

In the case of photographing moles, my GP and dermatologist both recommended it as a way of checking for changes without obsessing over whether any changes are being missed. So my husband did me this favour one evening and patiently photographed all of the moles that concerned me. I felt a bit better afterwards, and I'm glad we've done it. :)