PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine and increased appetite??

PanicWHU
20-04-14, 20:48
Hi everyone, I have recently had my mirtazapine upped to 30mg at night, my anxiety has been much better but the only thing is I am so hungry after taking it I eat everything in sight and starting to put on weight quite fast ( put on half a stone in couple of weeks, only weigh 9 1/2 stone so not a massive issue). What I wanted to know is has anyone been on this and noticed a change in their appetite?? I am craving sugar and carbs mostly. thanks

mummyanxious
20-04-14, 20:53
Panic I am on my fourth day and not noticed it yet. Come on over and join us on the mirt forum :) the others may be able to advise. Weight gain is a common SE of this one apparently x

PanicWHU
20-04-14, 20:54
Thanks mummy anxious I couldn't find a forum for it lol x

mummyanxious
20-04-14, 20:57
Go under medication and its there. Zispin/mertazapine :)

PanicWHU
20-04-14, 20:57

iainm
21-04-14, 16:11
hi panic I was given mirtazapine to take to gain weight I anx had me looking like a skeleton I take 45mg the full dose It made me put on 3 st which I needed to but like u I craved sugar and rubbish food at night when I took it , I now eat pistachios and fruit pots when I crave carbs etc they fill u up and are really healthy I was 7st 11 at my lightest I went up to 11st 4 in 6months which was crazy lol but people would say u look so well im only 5ft7 and male so 11st 4 was actually to heavy so doc said for your ha and piece of mind lose a bit of weight so im now down to 10st and eating the nuts and fruit is much better than biccies etc

mummyanxious
21-04-14, 16:29
Did you find it did anything got your anxiety iainm?

cpe1978
21-04-14, 18:04
This is one of the drugs I tried and I could eat for England when on it. Was starving literally all the time.

xrachykinsx
21-04-14, 18:12
The appetite thing calmed down after about 2-3weeks for me. I've perhaps put on a stone in 3months...but I was quite small anyway so i'd rather be a bit bigger and happy than stick thin and hating life! Lol x

iainm
21-04-14, 19:47
Hi mummy when I take the higher dose at night it really stops the horrible going mad thoughts I love it but it only lasts for a few hours it doesn't have a long shelf life with me as if been on it for years but it's the only anti d I feel comfortable taking I find it works for me just wish it effects lasted longer