PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie

Antec
20-04-14, 21:16
Well I discovered this site maybe a year or so ago and from time to time look in because I suffer from anxiety, mainly about my health. Started to suffer from anxiety probably about three years ago but didn't realise that this was the problem. I have found the forum reassuring and has helped me in coping with panic attacks.
The reason for posting is that for the last year I have been having what I call strange issues with my neck. I not only suffer from aches and pains but also my head tends to pull to one side to an abnormal position. My doctor sent me to see a physio for treatment and although he felt I had some posture issues, he concluded that there wasn't really too much of a problem with the muscles groups etc. The 'pulling' is worse when I drive (unfortunately everyday) and also tends to do the same but to a lesser degree when walking for instance. It does settle down a great deal when I am at home and relaxed but is still there in the background. I also have another symptom which has developed in tandem with this where I also seem to have a very slight numb feeling around my cheek bone and eye socket area. This has now become quite concerning and discouraging for me as everyday that I wake up and feel like its gone, its soon there again. Has anyone here had something similar at all. I really need some answers, and not sure about my Doctor as I think he feels I'm a bit of a hypochondriac as I have visited him on past occasions with anxiety symptoms.

Oosh
20-04-14, 21:20
Welcome to the site :-]

I'd be inclined to trust your physio. You could always get a 2nd opinion from a different physio to ease your mind.

Antec
20-04-14, 21:30
Well I am thinking about going to see a private Doc' maybe, and see if I get a different opinion because my GP just feels its just muscle related.

xrachykinsx
20-04-14, 21:36
I would agree that you should take your physio's word for it, but a 2nd opinion wouldn't hurt. I suffered many symptoms that I was absolutely certain meant I had MS. I would get numb arms, numb legs, tingling feet, tingling hands.....all anxiety. Now I'm being treated for my anxiety..I've not had a numb limb since! Anxiety has very odd ways of showing itself..

HalfJack
20-04-14, 21:57
Not sure I've got it right, your Dr thinks its muscular and your physio didn't? Have you told your Dr what the physiotherapist said or considered getting a 2nd opinion from another Dr in your current GP surgery for free?

Either way getting a second opinion is pretty normal :)

Antec
21-04-14, 15:46
Yeah my GP feels it could be muscle related and that's why he sent me to physio. I visited the physio on about six occasions and I after working with me and doing various exercises he concluded there wasn't a major problem and discharged me. Said he would write back to GP. This was a week ago and yes I suppose I should go back to the GP and see what's next.
xrachykinsx what kind of treatment did you receive to alleviate your aches, pains and such like?