PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new & I'm looking for some advice

Geri007
20-04-14, 22:11
Hello!

I'm looking for some advice & I'm hoping you can help :)

I had a brain tumour diagnosed a year ago.
It wasn't cancerous, it was a grade 2 tumour. I haven't worked since the
because I am suffering from fatigue anxiety & epilepsy.

The anxiety for me is really embarrassing and I don't talk in detail to my family about it. But reading up on OCD it is something I can speak about to you?. I've had counselling
the sessions have now finished. Also I am on a waiting list for CBT through NHS for OCD (my neutrologist referred me to mental health, She said concentrate on CBT not the epilepsy & Brain injury) & MIND.

It started when I lived alone and started to feel anxious.

After having my tumour removed I had a lot of negative thoughts whilst on different medications for anti seizures and steroids from the swelling on my brain. I felt constant fear. I have bad PMT since the operation especially the past 4 months (my HORMONES are all over the place) The thoughts calmed down when I felt happier in
myself. I had a relationship for about 3 months before Christmas but sadly he finished it blaming work and he lives 100 miles away :( Im still heart broken, at the beginning of the relationship he said don't push me away. I was trying to put my recovery first, I had flowers, cards, gifts and he said
' I'm unconditionally yours' then I fell for his charm. he hasn't been in
touch for 3 months and a fall out with a close friend due to making no
effort with me since being poorly.

I am living with my parents due to not working and being poorly. I want to be voluntary work but the anxiety is talking over now. I take 50mg x2
pregablin for epilepsy & 10mg citalopram for the anxiety. The Gp can't increase the citalopram because it interacts with the pregablin. I don't want to change the pregablin because the over epileptic medication has had
side effects.

I still have horrible thoughts about my family, I have always
been an organised person too & I'm very tidy !.. I feel like I don't know me on mind. I am in my 30's I
get told I'm lovely and kind. I see people around me with children ,
marriage successful and it gets me down that I'm living back home,
recovering from a brain tumour, life is passing me by. My sisters partner had a bleed on with brain 18 months before I was diagnosed and sadly died (she was
pregnant with his little boy who is nearly 3) In the same hospital and a
ward near me. A lot has happened.

I can deal with anxiety, having brain surgery. What I can't deal with is the
thoughts? Can you offer any supportive advise?

Thank you Geri 😊

Oosh
20-04-14, 22:28
Wow what a ride you've been on !

Welcome to the site :-]

You're in good company. Loads of advice/experiences with intrusive thoughts on these boards.