PDA

View Full Version : Worried I had a nocturnal seizure??

anxious_thoughts
21-04-14, 12:30
Hello everyone.
It's 6:20am and I'm worried out of my mind. :(
I woke up a few minutes ago and my phone was on the floor, I have a bad habit of sleeping with it, and the remote control was on the floor but it was farther than away than my phone and bed.

Now I'm so scared I had a seizure, that's one of my new anxieties. :(
These items don't usually fall that far :(

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

Anyone? :(

RoseEve
21-04-14, 15:04
I wake up with things all over the place. These things were probably on the blanket and when you rolled over they went flying. Put them on the blanket it tug the blanket you will see how far they get propelled.

anxious_thoughts
21-04-14, 15:08
I'm definitely overthinking. Thanks, Rose. I really appreciate you responding and I hope you had an amazing Easter. :)

I went back to sleep for about 10 minutes and woke up with the remote control right on the edge of my bed! I just got worried because I woke up waaaay on one side of my bed and the remote and cell phone was on the floor on the opposite side

Forgotten
21-04-14, 15:09
Irrational thinking only makes you worry... :)

Like Rose said, try placing things on the blanket and give them a little tug. Stuff can go pretty far depending on where it was, how much you rolled, how much pressure there was, if you had a night terror, the list goes on.

The chance of you having a seizure is probably very, very low.

Just three nights ago, I had my phone on my bed, at the top by my pillow. It ended up landing right close by my dresser, even when it was plugged! Good thing I had an otterbox... :)

Jonesle
21-04-14, 15:52
Very much overthinkin!
I literally always wave up with things everywhere. Including my duvet all strewn up! X

Catherine S
21-04-14, 17:04
The clue is where you said they'd fallen further than they usually do, which means its not the first time. Why would you think you had a seizure when you're obviously just moving around in your sleep...or do you suffer with epilepsy?

anxious_thoughts
22-04-14, 02:24
Irrational thinking only makes you worry... :)

Like Rose said, try placing things on the blanket and give them a little tug. Stuff can go pretty far depending on where it was, how much you rolled, how much pressure there was, if you had a night terror, the list goes on.

The chance of you having a seizure is probably very, very low.

Just three nights ago, I had my phone on my bed, at the top by my pillow. It ended up landing right close by my dresser, even when it was plugged! Good thing I had an otterbox... :)

Hello Forgotten, thanks for the reply!
I find it hard to stop thinking irrationally. Every little thing sets me off :( it's hard to deal with

I did the blanket tug and the remote went far haha, so I'm really oping that's all it was. Kind of nervous going to bed tonight :(

Definitely thank god for otter boxes! :)

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Very much overthinkin!
I literally always wave up with things everywhere. Including my duvet all strewn up! X

Overthinking kills. Glad to see I'm not the only one waking up with things everywhere haha. :) thanks for replying x

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

The clue is where you said they'd fallen further than they usually do, which means its not the first time. Why would you think you had a seizure when you're obviously just moving around in your sleep...or do you suffer with epilepsy?

I don't suffer from epilepsy (knock on wood)
It's just the fact that I woke up far from the items that scared me :(

Hoping I get some good rest tonight

anxious_thoughts
24-04-14, 06:41
Hey again guys, today I've had sore thighs and buttocks all day. I'm worried it's from nocturnal seizures because I haven't done exercise and when I googled the symptoms that's one. :( I can't stop over thinking.

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 ----------

My thighs and buttocks is sore when I press on them, even when I flex them it hurts. It feels like I've done lots of squats

HoneyLove
24-04-14, 06:59
Hi Jenn, you've had different worries like this on and off for a long time, and admit yourself that they are irrational. Have you begun treating your anxiety in any way? You might learn some tools that will help you feel better and think more clearly.

RoseEve
24-04-14, 06:59
When I'm anxious I get unexplained sore muscles too. Always in my legs. Do you live alone? If you live at home maybe you could sleep with your mom and she can assure you that you aren't having seizures. I know you're not.

anxious_thoughts
25-04-14, 06:47
Hi guys, thanks for replying. I'm trying to cope with my anxiety, it's a lot harder said then done.
I do live at home, I have a friend sleeping over tomorrow night so I'm stressed and worried that I will have one. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. This fear has seriously thrown itself at me :(