PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram withdrawal

Cammy
21-04-14, 15:38
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted on here, mainly because things have been going really well. I recently ran out of citalopram and haven't had one since Friday. I called them yesterday for my repeat prescription but most likely won't get them until tomorrow. I've been feeling funny, getting brain zaps and been anxious about my health(chest pains etc).

My usual dose was 20mg daily.

Is this normal and nothing to worry about?

Cheers,
Cameron

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

I'm starting to worry and the brain zaps are more frequent. Every few minutes..

Hellly
21-04-14, 16:02
Hiya.

I had the exact same symptoms when I stupidly decided to come off of citalopram. I wouldn't worry (silly thing to say to someone who has HA) the zapps are common with citalopram withdrawal!!!

Cammy
21-04-14, 16:06
Thanks hellly! Went to get my prescription today but it's closed as it's a bank holiday!

SarahH
21-04-14, 17:06
Yes if you have gone from 20mgs to nothing then you are definitely suffering from withdrawal symptoms.... you should taper very slowly when coming of SSRI's

Sarah

Limey
21-04-14, 17:18
I came of 40mg pretty suddenly, and yes, brain zaps are very common, every time I moved I got them, along with anxiety increase, fatigues, nausea, etc. It lasted a couple of weeks, but the symptoms will subside.

redrooster
21-04-14, 19:24
You will be fine after a couple of doses.
I have been on ssri's for several years, i have missed several doses over the years. It soon sorts itself out