PDA

View Full Version : anxiety seems to be almost gone, but...

dawidm
21-04-14, 18:46
I had generalized anxiety problems. I take 20mg prozac for half year and it seems to be helping. I don't know how much prozac have done and how much i have done, because i was also improving before starting medication.
But here is the main thing. For last couple days i feel very calm, and problems and things, that previous was making me anxious are not doing it anymore. I was always very calm person before my anxiety problems started, and now i feel almost like these times. I wrote almost because there are some things... For example i sometimes (well, maybe more frequent than sometimes) feel just to "light" and numb. I'm also sleepy and yawning frequently. All this makes me slightly unreal, even little "high". Yesterday i wast out with my friends and first 3 hours i jest wanted to go home, because i was feeling tired, little depressed and ever conversations was a little hard to me - especially hard to listen. I don't have any mood problems now - i just got a little depressed when feel this tiredness. I have no typical anxiety symptoms. I'm just a little concerned (definitely not paranoid or something like that) about my mental health - sometimes i thinks that it kind of progressed, and my brain developed some defensive mechanisms, but all problems will come out again eventually in form of more serious mental illness. I may have this thoughts because i have friend, who probably have schizophrenia.

My previous anxiety symptoms was sleep problems, elevated heart rate, nausea, feeling just unwell, rarely slight derealization, problems with concentration, little paranoid about more serious mental problems (but never any symptoms of them).

Do anyone have experience with some unusual symptoms when anxiety is improving?

I hope i didn't make many language mistakes ;) i'm not English.

Rennie1989
21-04-14, 19:06
Your English is absolutely fine ;)

I think our bodies like to challenge us when we begin recovery. Once I learnt to no longer fear the symptoms of panic attacks I started getting palpitations. Got them checked twice and all fine. Then came other sensory symptoms like flashes, pins and needles and twitches. Again, you just have to accept them as anxiety symptoms, ignore them and carry on with life.

Another thing that I experienced was paranoia. It took me months to actually realise that I was paranoid and had to train my mind to ignore another symptom of anxiety. That one was the worst because I literally could not tell between anxious thoughts and genuine worries. I then worried that I may have schizophrenia because of the paranoid symptom, but that passed eventually. It's normal to feel like we have something far worse than anxiety but that is what anxiety does to us. We have to accept that this is ONLY anxiety.