PDA

View Full Version : Hello

MGBreva
04-12-06, 22:48
Hi I'm Dave, new to this forum but definitly not new to Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Psychosomatic symptoms of all sorts!! I'm 44 and had my first bad 'do' 6 years ago which put me in hospital for 6 weeks and off work for 10 months, although i never returned to that job at the end of the day, took a redundancy that was offered by a large corporate I was working for at the time. Had a great job over the past 6 years and been well, but 6 months ago my anxiety/panic etc returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!! recently had a spell of 8 weeks off work but now gone back 3 days per week till Christmas, not sure after that but quite anxious about how i can carry on with 5 days per week, not sure if I could just about managing with 3 days at moment. The main thing I wanted to say was..... AT LAST I AM NOT ALONE WITH ALL THIS s@*t I'm feeling and going through. There are very few people out there that understand this.

My physical symptoms are: chest pains, tight throat, major heart palps (currently being investigated by cardioligist), terrifying panic attacks and generally feeling anxious all the time about everything. Most people around me in work over the past 15 years see me as a confident, capable, very productive etc... person alas I don't see it, I spend my life trying to please everyone everywhere but never happy with myself and what I achieve. I even took up painting 6 years ago in Hospital, and now told I am quite a good watercolourist, but I never sign my paintings as I never feel they are good enough despite others liking them???

I am currently back on sertraline and omoprazole for my reflux and hiatus hernia.

Anyway enough waffle which is typical of me

hello to everyone

Dave Y [:I]

yorkylover
04-12-06, 22:59
Hi Dave and welcome to no panic.You are not alone pet,we all understand how you are feeling.You will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

clickaway
04-12-06, 23:01
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Its great that you have returned to the workplace, but know your limits.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sgp64
04-12-06, 23:07
Hi Dave

welcome aboard. You done a good job of describing me and a few others there so its safe to say that you've come to the right place. Sorry to hear you've recently fallen back into the anxiety thing but there's lots of folk here who can competely empathise. Here's hoping we can all help ourselves back to being well again!

All the best

Sean

MGBreva
04-12-06, 23:09
Thanks for quick replies, much appreciated. By the way Ellen nict to hear from, as my first reply to first message on this ste its great as my daughters name is Ellen.

By the way, something happened in September this year which affected me more than I expected - my eldest daughter left home to Uni, I miss her so much, feel like I've lost part of what I strive for with work in supporting my family at home. Ah well she will be home soon for Christmas.

cheers

Dave Y

MGBreva
04-12-06, 23:11
Here, here Sean, I just want my life back!!

Dave Y

yorkylover
04-12-06, 23:12
Ellen is a great name[^],my family call me Ellie,usually smelly ellie.You will see your daughter soon pet.;)

Ellen XX

manmoor
05-12-06, 02:26
Hi Dave,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
05-12-06, 08:47
Hi Dave
A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

999madmax
05-12-06, 08:51
Welcome Dave,
Hope this site is helpful to u as it is to most of us!!
You are safe here and can get to know many new pals and share your problems and queries any time of the day!!! :) [Yeah!]
Take Care

Madmax

Wilburis
05-12-06, 09:39
Hi. My name is Liz and have been told Im suffering with anxiety attacks for some 7 weeks now. Its ruining my life and feel its my own fault as they only started when I took Clomid (Ive got polycystic ovaries and this is suppose to make my ovulate). Ive got much conflicting evidence from doctors, pharmacists, etc. I really dont understand that some doctors say it is not related to the medication, as the attacks only started after taking the tablets.

My symptoms are feeling faint, eyesight goes weird, feeling like Im not really here!?, hot and cold, heart racing. Im continuously taking my pulse and basically just lie on the sofa all day in anticipation for an attack to happen. I cant go out incase it happens if I am driving.

Doctor has given my Diazipam but I want him to test my heart. How does he know that I dont have a problem with my heart. Now I worry continuously about that!!!

Sorry to be so moany and pathetic. It is just nice to get it off my chest!!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my whinging.

Liz xx

elanna
05-12-06, 09:51
hi Dave! welcome. am new myself...

lizzie, if youare not happy with your doctor go to see another one. they can give you an overall checkup to make sure that there's isn't any other medical problems. at that stage they may be able to recommend some sort of treatment to help you with the panic attacks.

just always remember, panic attacks won't kill you! keep reminding yourself of that. the attack is horrible when it happens but it passes and you'll be okay

trac67
05-12-06, 10:26
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

libbie
05-12-06, 15:47
hi dave, you have fought this off once before, so im sure u can again. try looking on the positive side of life! (easier said than done i know) i ve had anxiety for 5 years now, and i just want to be "normal" again. some days i do feel ok, and look forward to them, but others, i can feel bad.
feel free to p.m. me anytime for a chat
take care
libbie

scoobygirl2005
05-12-06, 19:46
Hi.

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

Ma Larkin
06-12-06, 14:21
Hi Dave and welcome to NMP. You have all the classic symptoms that make this thing so heard to bear at times, but never fear as you will meet lots of people in the same boat as you, who can give you some reassuring advice along the way.

Hope you have a good time and feel a bit better when your daughter gets home.

Take care mate.

Les, x