PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine to seroxat

smithci
22-04-14, 09:36
Hi all

I have been taking mirtazapine for the last 4 weeks 2 for 15 and 2 for 30mg

Even though I may have not given it long enough I think it's not for me as it seems to have flat lined my feelings, killed my motivation and my sex drive.

I have had good results with paroxetine before and have decided to taper off Mirt whilst starting paroxetine again. I have spoken to the nurse and waiting to hear back from my doctor.

Ive taken 20mg paroxetine this morning and will take 15mg of Mirt tonight. I will reduce to 7.5 next week then stop

Has anyone else got any experience similar to this?.

Thanks
Chris x

BikerMatt
22-04-14, 16:33
I'm going the other way (from seroxat to mirt) for the past 19 days. I have gone from 30mg of seroxat to 20mg straight away and started 15mg of mirt at the same time, saw my GP last week and we decided to leave it at that until I see him again in two weeks. We may then go 15mg/10mg seroxat 22.5mg/30mg mirt. So the outcome is we may end up with a permanent mixture of the two. I have read a lot of good stories on this mix so maybe you could try this out?

smithci
22-04-14, 17:05
Thanks Matt.

I know the start up sides of seroxat are horrific so I'm hoping the lower doses of Mirt will help with that