PDA

View Full Version : Sinusitus and Anxiety

ann1234
22-04-14, 16:56
I'm new here...

I have always suffered from health anxiety and went through a year of it when I was 14. I am now 24 and last year it started again (was going through a stressful period). Since then i have had loads of anxiety physical symptoms - shooting pains in legs when it was really bad, lump in throat, fatigue, moodiness. I have also had sinus congestion which started last year around the same time as the anxiety. Can anxiety cause sinusitus? I also get hayfever since i was a teenager but i can tell the difference and don't think its causing the sinusitus as with hayfever i get itchy nose, eyes etc. I've had the sinusitus continuosly now for a year and doc just prescribes nasal allergy spray. I was on a few antibiotics during too. As it gets worse and better now and again can anxiety be the root cause?

RoseEve
22-04-14, 19:28
There is a link between the 2 but I believe sinus problems can worsen anxiety.

Amandala
22-04-14, 23:38
I know my chronic sinus congestion makes everything so much worse! I feel like I can't breathe and then I worry I'm not getting oxygen and then my throat gets tight and flemmy and can easily send me strait into a panic attack. I try to ignore it but sometimes it's just too much!