PDA

View Full Version : Hot flash and racing heart

Junebug09
22-04-14, 17:39
I'm new here, haven't reached out to a community of people but I thought I'd give it a try.

I've suffered from anxiety my whole life but recently over the part year, panic attacks. In the last few months I've been dealing with waking up every couple if weeks with my body burning. Flushed face, whole body just on fire. It started happening during the day as well when I'm in a stressful situation but I can generally get through it quickly.

Last night I went to bed with some anxiousness and woke up in the middle of the night with my whole body on fire and my heart racing. I tried to calm my heart by breathing etc, was in and out if sleep and my heart rate came down but the hot flash feeling lasted for hours. Along with this, dry mouth and major exhaustion.

I've mentioned this to my doctor but she just passed it off.

Does anyone else suffer from this? And how do you cope with it?

mummyanxious
22-04-14, 18:28
You haven't stated your age but could this be peri menopause or menopause?

Junebug09
22-04-14, 18:36
No, sorry I'm in my early thirties.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 19:22
It does sound like menapause and even though you are only 30s you could be low on the needed hormones so if It continues you need to go back to docs to get bloods done and check that, also you could get thyroid checked if Its not been done.
Not every thing is anxiety Thank goodness.
welcome

Catherine S
22-04-14, 19:23
When you say your doctor just passed it off, passed it off as what exactly? Have to say though, it does sound like it could be hormone related with it happening every few weeks. Women's cycles do go through changes at any age.

aprilmoon
22-04-14, 19:28
Hi June
I would get your doctor to check your hormones and thyroid.
You are only young but its not unheard of to have an early menapause.
It probably isn't,but you sound like you need a more sympathetic doctor anyway.
I think we all feel really warm when we're panicky,why don't you have a fan near the bed to help calm you down with the breeze?. That has helped me..keep a drink of water by it so when you wake ,the act of having a drink and feeling cooler may help to stop you getting more agitated.

mummyanxious
22-04-14, 20:08
Peri menopause can happen in your thirties. Have you had any children? My hormones are still not settled after having my second. I really do think hormones have an awful lot to answer for.

Junebug09
22-04-14, 20:25
I just got insurance, doesnt go into effective until next month. So im hsbing all my norml testimg done and having my thyroid checked. I have bad indigestikn, sp my docyir thoight that maybe the inflamation I was feeling. When your hormones are off, can that contribute to your anxiety as well?

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Peri menopause can happen in your thirties. Have you had any children? My hormones are still not settled after having my second. I really do think hormones have an awful lot to answer for.

I have not had children. I looked up this Peri Menopause and there are a few symptoms that i have had recentky happen. So that could be it.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 20:43
Next step blood tests then

mummyanxious
22-04-14, 21:18
I don't think there are any reliable blood tests for hormones though or the peri menopause. Not here shyest, you may be luckier in the states.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 21:22
Hi mummyanxious yes we do have blood tests for checking hormone levels to decide if we have reached menapause or on the cusp

mummyanxious
22-04-14, 21:38
What about just dodgy hormone levels? I don't think I'm menopausal but I think my hormones are not ballanced

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 21:43
Yes you can get It checked so long as your Dr is willing to refer you, can't see why he wouldn't but all Drs have to be responsible for there own budgets now so all down to postcodes I am afraid, you could go private

Catherine S
22-04-14, 21:46
Yes mummy they can test for peri-menopause, they measure the oestrogen to see if its dipping lower than normal, and too much of the other hormone..progesterone...causes lots of symptoms of anxiety and panic believe it or not.