PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Anxiety or Something Else?

Electric_Worry
22-04-14, 18:43
I've suffered with anxiety for a while now but for the past few years I've managed to get it under a degree of control. That was until a couple of weeks ago where a number of incidents have heightened it considerably. The strangest and most troubling part is that for about a week or so I've had headaches, 'brain fog', dizziness and jelly legs. My head feels heavy and although I don't experience dizziness in the sense that the room is spinning, it feels like I will topple over if I lean forward. My legs don't feel as though they work like they used to, as though I'm having to relearn how to do it. I haven't fallen over and they haven't buckled, and it seems easier to walk up some stairs than it does on a flat, horizontal surface.

My main concern is whether these are anxiety related or not. I went to the doctors with regards to my heightened anxiety and depression and was put on prozac, which I've since started taking. I mentioned the symptoms but the doctor didn't ask me about them.

Thanks.

aprilmoon
22-04-14, 19:06
Hi
Unless there's a physical reason for it,these all sound like classic anxiety symptoms to me.I've experienced some of them myself and its not nice.
But you can conquer a lot of them with meds,determination, and support.
You'll find other people on here who will sympathise and help.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

How long have you been taking the Prozac?

Electric_Worry
22-04-14, 19:55
They seem to become prevalent when my anxiety struck, however you know how it is with anxiety, you'll find yourself wondering whether it's something else. The right-side of my face was really tight the other week and I was concerned about that, yet now it's not an issue.

I was more of an active user on here when my anxiety was at its worse, however I took a break because I was trying to focus on getting better. I was doing fine until a couple of weeks ago.

I am only on my fourth day of Prozac. These symptoms started a week before I even knew I was going to be prescribed it. I do know, however, that there can be similar side-effects with the medication.