PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles

hamzamaqbool
31-07-04, 14:26
Hi i have been experiencing panic attacks for the last 2 weeks, i think i have had them about 4 times. A few days ago i nearly experienced 1 again but i think i managed to control it. after that i have been experiencing pins and needles sensation in my arms and over my head. this is really worring me and i just want it to go away.
could someone tel me what is wrong with me and if anyone else had the same type of symptoms

nomorepanic
31-07-04, 18:46
Hiya Hamzam

Welcome to the forum.

Well done on controlling the panic attack - what did you do to control it may I ask?

There are few previous posts about this so check out ..

Pins and needles in fingers and toes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=893)

Nicola

hamzamaqbool
31-07-04, 19:17
hi, thnks for the info but i beleive that it is all in head! The more i think about it it gets worse, i went out today and i was fine but when i get back home it starts again. i guess i just need to get out and about make myself busy, do some exercise etc

The only way i control the attacks are by telling myself that i dont want this and sometimes i put my hand against my heart and try to control it and lower the heart beat.

Well its been a few days since my last attack i just hope its the last 1

thnks again for the info

Meg
31-07-04, 19:36
Hi,

Pins and needles are classic shallow or over breathing symptoms.

Breathe from deep in your abdomen - count of 4 in and count of 7 out. Keep breathing slow and deep for about 5 mins and the symptoms will have eased .

i beleive that it is all in head! The more i think about it it gets worse, i went out today and i was fine but when i get back home it starts again. i guess i just need to get out and about make myself busy, do some exercise etc - Absolutely correct . You are spot on with this. Well done .

Meg

Wannabeloved85
04-09-05, 15:49
This might sound daft, but when i get pins and needles, instead of automatically thinikng bout a health issue, i imagine its a energy/goodness vibe thats buzzing into my body, also releasing all the bad vibes at the same time. It also helps if i imagine it happening, for example i imagine the goodness to be orange, going in and the badness a yuky black brown colour, being released .
Just thought id share,maybe it'll help.
Take care
Becci x x x