PDA

View Full Version : I've never felt so scared like i do tonight. I'm sure its lung cancer

pau1200
22-04-14, 20:33
New to the forum but I can't shake that I have lung cancer. I've had a thickly throat for 12 months which causes me to cough but not every day. I'm still suffering with shoulder pain hence link 2. I also have suffered for 18months with poor balance when walking to the point im scared t go anywhere. Now I've found a lung cancer site and I'm convinced I've got lung cancer and its spread to my brain. I can't shake it.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 20:42
First off you need to see your Dr, secondly if you smoke then u know what I'm going to say don't you

LE
22-04-14, 20:43
If you had lung cancer that spread to the brain you would literally be in hospital.

I know someone who was told she had ca spread to her lungs, within a week it had spread to her brain and she was so sick and had to be moved to a hospice. She lived 2 weeks.

I'm sure you do not have lung cancer that's spread to the brain.

pau1200
22-04-14, 20:51
I quit smoking 5 1/2 years ago I've been to the doctors but they don't ever join the dots. I know that sounds really stupid but if i can see the link why can't they. I had a chest xray last year which was clear but X-rays dont always show up cancer.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 20:55
?My father in law was diagnosed with lung cancer 6 weeks ago with a single xray so yes It is found with xrays,a clear one would and should put your mind at rest
Thought I would add that his cancer is new and small but they found It.
Congratulations on your quit as well I'm five years this year to

pau1200
22-04-14, 21:00
I'm so sorry to hear that alexandria.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 21:06
Thank you he is 79 and starts radical radiotherapy in may and should be fine, he also has bad ticker do they can't operate but still better news than It could have been,i truly don't think you have lung cancer though,anxiety yes

pau1200
22-04-14, 21:37
I hope your right, i just can't shake the fear. I feel like such a wreck and have done for the past 12 months. A friend died f lung cancer December and its blown my fears out of control.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 21:53
How old are you and how old was friend and did they have exactly the same life style as you,your symptoms sound like anxiety to me believe the xray honest x

Fishmanpa
22-04-14, 22:02
I'm a survivor. It's my opinion and experience that if indeed you had cancer and it's metastasized, you'd be pretty ill or not with us especially in light of having symptoms for several months.

Positive thoughts

pau1200
22-04-14, 22:03
I'm 35 overweight and started smoking at 16 finish at 30. He was older and smoked for 40years so my smoking history isn't as bad.
I can feel myself loosing control and chest pain twinge and im off again. No one seems to understand and you get the stop being stupid and suck it up, I do feel very alone.