PDA

View Full Version : does anyone get this feeling?

Amandala
22-04-14, 21:00
Hi all,
Just a quick question- what does constant anxiety feel like for you?
The past few weeks my mouth is very dry and I have the tight throat and all of that, but the worst part for me is this almost like a constant "hum" or "vibrating" feeling that never lets up. Its like I can feel the blood moving through my veins. and it just never goes away! I am just so uncomfortable in my own skin I just want it to stop! anyone have this? I am letting my mind wander and starting to think its something more serious...

acer92
22-04-14, 21:04
for me it feels like

a constant pressure/pain in my chest
lightheadedness
feeling that i might feint
and terrible things are going to happen to my body

i have a tight throat especially today, when i take a drink, it sometimes almost feels like im going to choke and try and swallow and theres a lump feeling there

and then if i have a panic attack ( i assume is one, because i'm convinced there's something really wrong with me ) those become 100x worse and i shake and just terrified

the more seriosu thing is exactly how i feel, but i think everyone in our boat felt/feels the same

this forum is a huge help.. the reassurance can really help.. it's a horrific thing

i've also noticed before i had this 'breakdown' on saturday, that things like a painful eye or a sore jaw etc that never really bothered me before causes me to go into overdrive which is probably due to the huge anxiety that is flushing me constantly

aprilmoon
22-04-14, 21:23
Try and remember Acer,that nothing lasts forever,even those feelings.
They only have so much power,and then they will fade.
Try and tell yourself that.

hatsunemiku
22-04-14, 23:11
Hiya I can relate to the feeling of blood pumping through my body and feeling uncomfortable, this is a normal thing and anxiety can have a stronger affect upon your body than you realise and believe it or not - that's normal. The best way to help it is to do meditation, cbt, mindfulness or counselling, if you need more information about any of these let me know :) be proactive in your recovery, don't give up

Amandala
23-04-14, 01:19
Thanks everyone, it's such an uncomfortable feeling..
Hatsunemiko, I am doing CBT, counseling, and working on getting meds sorted. I am interested in mindfulness, I don't know much about it.

hatsunemiku
23-04-14, 10:28
Thanks everyone, it's such an uncomfortable feeling..
Hatsunemiko, I am doing CBT, counseling, and working on getting meds sorted. I am interested in mindfulness, I don't know much about it.

Awwh that's great :) mindfulness is very easy, it is something you can do anywhere. The idea is to just focus on life as much as possible, for example when you are drinking a cup of tea focus on how warm it feels on your mouth.. the way the cup feels in your hand, what can you smell? Can you see steam?

Combined with meditation mindfulness will give you peace of mind

getselfhelp.co.uk/mindfulness.htm

If you have time then have a little read of this page :) I hope that helps

I'mdave27
23-04-14, 10:40
It feels like hell

Amandala
23-04-14, 16:30
Thank you for the tips about mindfulness, I am trying today but its so hard to take the focus off myself and how I am feeling. just need more practice I suppose

It feels like hell

it really does, doesn't it....

tuesdayschild44
24-04-14, 00:45
I constantly have tingling that comes and goes in my arms my hands shake. But I noticed that stopped when I got home from work. So work is causing anxiety I guess. I feel like it's hard to walk sometimes to. I feel wobbly and tired.

ShortyW84
24-04-14, 08:23
Hi, I too get the tingling mainly in my arms and legs, more noticeable when I'm wearing clothes that touch my skin, mine to is worse at work and pretty much vanishes when I step through the door at 5! I'm currently working from home and no tingling as of yet! It's such a weird feeling and had made my anxiety so much worse! It's reassuring to see I'm not the only one suffering like this :-)