PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please?

Hetty80
22-04-14, 21:42
Today I saw a new doc who is sending me for an ultrasound to check my pelvic pain. I'm pleased to be referred but am feeling highly anxious as she told me to stay off google. She has idea of my background and she doesn't even have my notes from my previous doctors. I didnt mention google to her and I'm worried she told me to stay off google because she thinks it could be something bad? :-(

pau1200
22-04-14, 21:47
Could there be a marker on your details that say you suffer from anxiety. I often think this when i see a new doctor, they seem to spend a little more time explaining things so i dont google.

AlexandriaUK
22-04-14, 21:49
Your basic notes are now computerised so she can see you are anxious,so don't google,:hugs:

Katie_cupcakes
22-04-14, 21:51
Iv also had pelvic pain and been referred for an ultrasound. Did she say it was an urgent referal? Or did she give any indication of how long you might have to wait?

My Dr didn't think it was anything to worry about in my case (even though my pain came with bleeding!) I googled and freaked myself out no end! I would imagine she told you to stay off Google so as not too give yourself unnecessary worry.

All drs hate when patients self diagnose on Google, and she probably knows exactly what you might find if you googled. I'm sure she's just trying to save you from unneccasry worry.

I was telling a friend about my pelvic pain, she said her mum had the same thing and it turned out to be a hormonal imbalance. It looks as though that's what caused my pain as well.