PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes.... why can't I believe the doctor

MissAnxiety
23-04-14, 08:30
Hey, today is not going well at all, I have a doctors appointment this afternoon and the waiting around this morning is going to drive me insane.
Over a year age I noticed a swollen lymph node, freaked out and went to the doctors quite a few times to get it checked. I eneded up getting a blood test and all results have come back clear.
Now I have pain in my chest that the doctor said is muscular, but this has started my lymph node fear again as the lump is still there and I think is a tiny bit bigger. Im completely freaking out, what if the doctors are wrong? Every where I look there are lymphoma and cancer adverts.
So back to a new doctor today to see what they think. The last doctor hardly felt my neck at all, just felt with the flat of his hand and said he couldn't feel nothing. Hopefully this doctor has a proper feel and at least tells me that if it is not C, what it is instead. I have not been poorly for them to flare up.
Had anyone else got a lumpy neck that is just there, and not anything sinister.
Thanks for reading xxx

Darren1
23-04-14, 09:01
yes my neck is incredibly lumpy and sore - ive had every test except biopsy and they cant find anything.

Jonesle
23-04-14, 09:01
Hi miss, lymph nodes seem to be a big one with HA. Just search lymph nodes in the search bar at the top and you'll be amazed. Also my post on keep seeing signs, lots of kind people have commented there too. I hope your gp can reassure you today, may be worth mentioning your anxiety too :)

MissAnxiety
23-04-14, 10:02
Thanks guys. Im here counting down the hours till I can go. Darren how big are your lumps. Mine are not sore if I don't touch them every half an hour. I can't leave them alone. I didn't touch thwm for about 6 months or more then a few weeks ago my lymph anxiety flares up so I check them and they are still there. Now I cant leave them alone. The doctors kbow about my anxiety but I don't want meds because before this flare up of HA I was doing really well. Xx

Masqued
23-04-14, 10:42
Lumpy neck, back of head, knee pits and armpitt checking in.

MissAnxiety
23-04-14, 15:16
Hi just got back from doctors and everything is fine, the doctor told me that if it is anything serious (c) its grows rapidly. So no more poking around for me. X