PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is ruining my honeymoon

fedup36
23-04-14, 17:05
Hi all,

Just to let you know I had a fantastic wedding day anxiety free :)

I'm currently in New York - flight out here was fine... A few zaps which I can relate to anxiety as I am not particularly fond of flying!!
However we went up the Rockerfella on Monday night and I have a huge fear if heights! I'm glad I went up there but it made me feel so crap.. Floor moving, dizzy etc... Then I woke up yesterday and felt horrible... Which then causede to have this wave of like heaviness and dread wash over me! I asked my husband to call an ambulance and everything!! He didn't as he could see it was panic but still it was horrible and I haven't felt quite right ever since...

I just have this feeling that something bad is about to happen and it's rubbish :( and ruining what should be the trip of a lifetime!!

mummyanxious
23-04-14, 17:10
Firstly congratulations and I'm so pleased your day went well :)
Please try and put the experience out of your mind. Don't let it ruin your holiday. All it is is panic and its trying to upset you. It's like a devil on your shoulder asking to come on vacation with you. Pack it away in your suitcase and enjoy the rest of your time x
Ps well jealous! Well done you did well x

SarahH
23-04-14, 17:10
That wave is so so common..... it's horrible I know. You are now worried about having another attack which is making you feel so shite.
Do you know about Mindfulness? You could do some breathing exercises.

Congrats on your wedding........ try to distract yourself.... and use the mantra "this too will pass"...........

Sarah

luc
23-04-14, 17:21
We'll said Ma and Sarah. Mindfulness is the way to try to get though this but please don't try to 'get through' the honeymoon. That is what I do when I go on holiday. It is such a a waste. My lasting memories of my proposal in New York in a vey iconic venue are marred by my obsession that day and the whole holiday of having cervical cancer. That was fifteen years ago! xx

Fishmanpa
23-04-14, 17:51
I just have this feeling that something bad is about to happen and it's rubbish :( and ruining what should be the trip of a lifetime!!

Exactly! Congrats on the wedding! NYC is one of the coolest city in the world (IMHO). You're right... the feeling that something bad is going to happen IS rubbish! Don't allow it to ruin this once in a lifetime experience.

Positive thoughts

jillyb
23-04-14, 20:10
So glad your big day went well. Well done for going up the Rock ....the views are amazing! When I was in NY I had a sore throat and was convinced I had SARS and that I'd be in isolation in hospital etc etc. My long suffering husband said you wouldn't be walking around and eventually my panic subsided and I enjoyed the rest of my holiday. HA is a real pain in the ****! Mummyanxious is quite right. Pack the devil in away in your suitcase and have a wonderful honeymoon. You're doing so well! X

fedup36
24-04-14, 13:36
Thanks guys...
I'm still strugiling to be honest...

Got up yesterday and started feeling odd just walking around like the dizziness and heaviness is building up :( then I mealy just had to stop I felt so awful :(

It's like my fear of death has hit me hard again and ruining everything :( I thought after the wedding and honeymoon the anxiety would get better or worse but it seems its already getting worse and I haven't even finished my honeymoon.

I feel so dizzy and keep getting these horrible waves... I've also been getting this weird dizzy spells which cause my hands to tingle they happen so quickly but I'm pretty sure that's the adrenaline as we had a bit of turbulence on the flight and if I'm briefly scared if made my hands tingle.

I just can't seem to get out of my head that I'm about to have a seizure of I'm getting dizzy walking around because of my heart :(

I feel all a bit hopeless and confused as I don't feel like there's anywhere to run to...

Jonesle
24-04-14, 14:16
I'm sorry your feeling like this on your honeymoon. Sit down and wallow for an hour, I did this yesterday and afterwards I was so cross that I'd wasted an hour that I got up and went for a jog and feel miles better. Today I signed up for a half marathon, I'm still annoyed that I wasted an hour yesterday when I should be enjoying my Easter break! X

HoneyLove
24-04-14, 14:26
Hi Fedup, your MAV diagnosis should tell you that stress, travel, and a disruption to your normal routine can all trigger symptoms. Try to put it down to the fact that you've had a very busy few weeks, likely weren't getting regular sleep, you've traveled quite a distance and have been doing a lot over there too I'm sure.

You've been here before and you know it won't harm you, so try as much as you can to relax, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and not dehydrated, eat regularly, sleep well each night and just take good care of yourself and you'll find that it will calm down again.

Stressing will just create extra muscle tension and make you feel worse, so do your best to let it go.

mummyanxious
24-04-14, 18:47
How you feeling?
Is it warm over there? I've no idea on American climate. But I always get anxious in the heat. I got hot today in a shop and I started to feel a bit dizzy.

fedup36
25-04-14, 22:04
Thanks guys, well we're flying back tonight, felt a bit better over the past couple of days but it has been consuming me far more than normal... I hate it and I am really worried about the flight back incase something happens but I've got to get on with it....

I keep having really bad chest pains now :( and can't catch my breath... God this is awful :(