PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting and I'm baffled

idawmn
23-04-14, 18:15
Last night I went to bed and my whole body felt very relaxed which included my breathing. I was able to fall asleep no problem around 10:30 pm and while I woke a couple of times throughout the night (this was normal for me anyhow before I started to have breathing issues), I was able to get back right to sleep again. I finally got out of bed at 6:30 am.

But then it was back to the nonsense with the breathing and in addition to that I have had a bit of tightness in the chest, my head is in a fog, I feel I'm breathing in extreme cold air even though my house is 75 degrees and along with that is the feeling of soreness in the throat.

I got up this morning feeling great, feeling very positive only to have everything start up again.

I was just wondering why this happens.

Humly
23-04-14, 18:29
I have exactly the same thing. Chest tightness, feeling a bit shakey and as if I am breathing in cold air. What is all that about? Its really weird.

idawmn
23-04-14, 18:36
I just find it odd that despite all that goes on during the day, I feel like all symptoms have left once I have gone to sleep for the night. It starts up the next day although I'm not upset or worried about anything. Actually I was looking forward to the day because my husband had taken the day off and we were going to go out. And there it starts all over again.

xrachykinsx
23-04-14, 18:41
Unfortunately, the nature of anxiety is unpredictable at times. I can have some fabulous days...and then bam, I feel anxious..and why? I have no idea! That's why they call it generalized anxiety disorder because I'm just 'generally' anxious... I am better now I'm on medication..hoping im on the road to recovery :) xx

idawmn
23-04-14, 18:46
It's a really crazy thing. I see a counsellor in exactly 13 days. I'm really hoping to get this all turned around. Glad to hear you are doing better xrachykinsx :)

xrachykinsx
23-04-14, 18:48
It honestly is crazy! At times you think you're going crazy too! lol It's best to try get as much help as poss in early stages. I was such a stubborn little cow at first, it made me worse as I just tried to do it all myself. I was just generally run down from life stresses since having my son at age 19, took a knock to my confidence..but I WILL get back up there :) xx

idawmn
23-04-14, 18:54
I have been having the issue for 13 weeks now after having all these tests done for ruling out anything physical. I wish the best for all of us. Who would have thought that at age 55, I would have gained this?

xrachykinsx
23-04-14, 18:56
The mind is a funny thing..regardless of age :) It's okay though, you will be good again. Just keep on living your life and don't let the anxious feelings define you and dictate what you do, it's just a feeling afterall xx

Humly
24-04-14, 08:30
Why does it feel like breathing in cold air? It is so annoying.

AlexandriaUK
24-04-14, 09:29
Are you asthmatic or have you googled and read that it could be a symptom of asthma, its also a symptom of Anxiety, if it was asthma it would not be your only symptom I promise.

Humly
24-04-14, 09:35
I am not asthmatic. I had this once before many years ago and the doc gave me an inhaler to see if that would help but it didnt. I know its anxiety related but was wondering why this feeling of cold air as it doesnt seem a very common symptom.

idawmn
25-04-14, 02:40
Are you asthmatic or have you googled and read that it could be a symptom of asthma, its also a symptom of Anxiety, if it was asthma it would not be your only symptom I promise.

I was checked for asthma by the pulmonologist in his battery of tests - no asthma.