PDA

View Full Version : Stephen's Story

skippy66
23-04-14, 22:19
There's a sad story circulating round social media at the moment about a 19 year old lad with incurable bowel cancer. He's recently sent out a message to the media and one quote struck me hard, as someone who used to have severe health anxiety.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not cramming as much into my life as I should have done"

This quote should give you the inspiration and motivation you need to get out there and live your life. Don't waste it worrying about any what ifs.

3tikes
23-04-14, 22:58
I read his blog on Facebook. What a truly inspirational and remarkable brave young man. I admire his courage and think we could all learn something from him. For me personally I read it and thought how lucky I really am.

MRS STRESS ED
23-04-14, 23:47
Yeah it makes you stop and think how we are lucky god bless him such a young man and such an insperation xx

Darren1
24-04-14, 09:17
as sad as it is, i just cant follow this story

SUPERXERO
24-04-14, 11:02
as sad as it is, i just cant follow this story

Why

Darren1
24-04-14, 11:36
because it ignites my cancer fears

SUPERXERO
24-04-14, 11:47
My too

Tanner40
24-04-14, 11:47
That quote should give us all much to think about. Is that whatbis really behind all of our fears of dying? I know my fear of dying is basically the fear of not being here to live anymore. So why don't I cram as much life and joy into each day as I possibly can! Great quote to ponder on, Skippy.