PDA

View Full Version : Stomach bug?

Lanesra
23-04-14, 23:04
Since last Wednesday my stomach has not been right, I've been having abdo pains and weird motions (not quite diarrhoea but not normal either). This occurred on and off for a few days and then all of a sudden I had diarrhoea and have had it since yesterday as well as a temperature (temperature has finally gone).

A few days before my symptoms started my husband came down with a stomach bug, had 24 hours of flu like symptoms and diarrhoea and then was back to normal after a week.

The only reason my HA is interfering is because my symptoms were not sudden like my husband's and like when I have had bugs in the past and it's making me think that it may be something else.

As if that wasn't bad enough, my great-aunt has been diagnosed with colon cancer which my grandad passed away from and I have seen articles about people getting it such as George Alagiah (sp?) and poor Stephen whose story is now massive and my hypersensitive brain is telling me it's all a sign!

To top it off I had my cervical screening test last week which was much more painful than usual so that's added to the HA.

I so desperately want to address the HA but feel that I need to ensure that I am physically ok before I do so. Only when I deal with one thing, something else comes up! Talk about a vicious circle!

Hellly
23-04-14, 23:45
I am with you on the vicious cycle, it's just one thing after another.

I would take comfort in the fact your husband was ill too ( I am always in a panic when it's me that gets sick, my husband must have an amazing immune system) your symptoms are probably different because you may have ran yourself down through worrying more about it.

I won't worry about the screening test being painful, I once had a nurse who must have been into torture cause it was sore as hell........ But it was ok in the end!

Hope you feel better soon :-)

H

Lanesra
24-04-14, 11:57
Thanks Hellly, that helped a lot :-) It's usually the other way around with us, he gets a cold every time the weather changes and I never catch it but as soon as he brings a stomach bug home.....grrrrrr!:lac: