PDA

View Full Version : New member, so many symptoms, ativan, lexapro

tuesdayschild44
24-04-14, 00:28
Hi,boy do I have a story. Been going on like this for about a month. Probably doesn't sound long to some. I have had anxiety my whole life. I am 44 now. It first started in high school. I didn't know what anxiety even was. I have been on anti depressants for like 10 years. And decided about a year ago to stop taking them. Biggest mistake of my life. Since February I hurt my back, doc said sciatica. Put me on steroids 6 days straight, no taper. Then anxiety started put me on another med. Ended up in the ER with a panic attack and dystonia episode? I was going on 4 days with no more than 2 hours of sleep. Almost 4 weeks later need atvian to sleep, 1mg at night. And now second week of Lexapro 10 mgs, started at 5. Still have tingling in legs, muscle twitches, panic feelings, heart racing sometimes to115 beats a minute. When is this going to stop? Is it normal to feel shaky like all day? I have googled my symptoms and have thought for a day or more that I have had several diseases. Every time I feel something in my body, I feel panicky. How long can a person go on like this? I am afraid I have taken the atvian for too long, a month now. I really do find comfort reading that I am not alone and I so appreciate any help or comments

Oosh
24-04-14, 22:39
Welcome to the site :]

caroline-j
25-04-14, 13:16
Hi Tuesdayschild44, You are definately not alone. Like you mine started also at High School. I have been suffering for many years. All the symptoms you menthioned are a normal response of anxiety. Just remember although the symptoms are really scary and frightening they will not harm you. Hope you start to feel better soon. All the best x

Tanner40
25-04-14, 13:23
Hi Tuesday, welcome to NMP. You're going to find a lot of support here, as there are some really great people who will understand exactly what you're going through.

All of the things that you're going through are quite normal for an intense period of anxiety. The shakiness and the fear and the racing pulse - all anxiety driven for sure.

I've had all of the same issues, as have many others on this board. The one thing to remember is the human body and spirit is extremely resilient. Anxiety can not hurt you. You have to allow yourself to feel the fear, accept it, and go on with your daily activities. That takes the power out of the fear and eventually lessens the anxiety.

What are you doing to help lessen your anxiety, other than medications? There are lots of good tools that you can use.

summer.wolf
25-04-14, 16:26
Welcome honey. Had my issues since childhood too. All the best. X