PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump on sternloclavical joint ( neck area)

lisak789
24-04-14, 01:29
I have had this hard lump on my left sternloclavical joint. I don't know what's making me freak out so bad about it now as I have had it for 9 years and it haven't gotten bigger. I also had an ultrasound 9 years ago and it said it was fluid filled . Now I can't stop touching it or trying to squish it I am obsessed thinking its cancer and now I'm going to die! The lump is a bit bigger then a pea and you can't see it you can just feel it. Do you think it's possibly cancer?

Catherine S
24-04-14, 02:04
Firstly, why not just say you have a lump on the left side of your neck..then us mere mortals know what you mean :D. Secondly, how can anybody here tell you if its cancer or not as we are members with mental health problems and not doctors. Woulndn't it be better to have a chat to your doctor about it? From what you say it doesn't sound sinister, but best to get a professional to take a look at it first I think.

Worried 24/7
24-04-14, 02:08
I know that you are just looking for reassurance and that's why you are asking us. I am aalways looking for reassurance from people. Seeing as how it's been the same for nine years, I wouldn't be concerned...Well, I would, but that's because I have HA. Lol but you shouldn't be. You can always bring it up to the doc though to ease your mind :-)

Fishmanpa
24-04-14, 02:14
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Notice it's "uncontrolled growth" . It doesn't stay the same or come and go. It progressively and many times aggressively gets worse. So logically, after nine years, what is the most probable answer?

Positive thoughts

lisak789
24-04-14, 02:18
Sorry I guess I'm stupid. I just come on here now and again to seek reassurance or any knowledge that someone might have on the issue. I have been through a lot in my life in the past few years and I am working hard to get my life on track, after losing a child I think it takes time to become somewhat normal again. Sorry " I still believe" that my question was not basic enough for you though I am sure when you are worried sometimes your questions might not always be perfect as we'll.

Catherine S
24-04-14, 12:47
Hey, sorry it wasn't meant to be offensive and I did try to inject some humour into it which obviously wasn't picked up on? Its just that we aren't all medically trained here, so to ask a direct question like 'do you think it might be cancer' no untrained person can answer that. In fact Fishmanpa is the best person to advise about this even though he also isn't medically trained, he has battled cancer himself. I'm sorry you have had such a bad time, its really sad that happened to you but was unknown to me when I posted, although if I had known i'm not sure it would have influenced my advice as I was just replying to the issue you posted about. Have you tried bereavement counselling?

ISB

MissAnxiety
25-04-14, 14:03
This is my main focus at the minute, I went to the doctors yesterday about a lump in my neck I have had for a while, the doctor told be lumps don't just stay the same that are sinister they grow massive. It would become obvious very quickly that something was wrong xxx

Fishmanpa
25-04-14, 14:49
This is my main focus at the minute, I went to the doctors yesterday about a lump in my neck I have had for a while, the doctor told be lumps don't just stay the same that are sinister they grow massive. It would become obvious very quickly that something was wrong xxx

Hmmm... that sounds familiar ;)

Positive thoughts

MissAnxiety
25-04-14, 15:26
What do you mean this sounds familiar? X

Forgotten
25-04-14, 15:28
I think he's saying that within 9 years or even way less, you'd know if it was cancer as it's an uncontrolled growth of cells. You wouldn't still be having the same size of lump if it was cancer.

Fishmanpa
25-04-14, 15:29
What do you mean this sounds familiar? X

I've posted that very same thing concerning nodes on this forum dozens of times ... See my previous post on this thread ;)

Positive thoughts

MissAnxiety
25-04-14, 15:48
I think he's saying that within 9 years or even way less, you'd know if it was cancer as it's an uncontrolled growth of cells. You wouldn't still be having the same size of lump if it was cancer.

Oh right I thought it was aimed at me, it is scary. Even though I've been checked by quite a few different doctors it still makes you think 'what of they are wrong' but I suppose thats the joys of HA x

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Fishman I have seen you right it before actually but hearing a doctor say it made me realise I am panicking over nothing. The doctor said to me that I wouldn't have to dig to find a lump it would be visible, was yours? Xx

Fishmanpa
25-04-14, 15:56
Oh right I thought it was aimed at me, it is scary. Even though I've been checked by quite a few different doctors it still makes you think 'what of they are wrong' but I suppose thats the joys of HA x

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Fishman I have seen you right it before actually but hearing a doctor say it made me realise I am panicking over nothing. The doctor said to me that I wouldn't have to dig to find a lump it would be visible, was yours? Xx

By the time I went in for surgery, it looked like I had the mumps on the left side of my neck. It went from a barely noticeable pea (visible) to two large tumors within six months.

Your doctor just confirms what I've said dozens of times.

Positive thoughts

MissAnxiety
25-04-14, 16:28
I know its just sometimes you meed to hear it 100 times before you can believe it. I haven't poked or prodded all day today, first time in ages x