PDA

View Full Version : Finaly taken the plunge!

Sober2000june
24-04-14, 14:38
Just taken my fist 5mg of citalopram. cutting my 10’s in half with pill cutter. Mixed emotions. Bit of fear as this is my second go at citalopram after trying 8 or 9 in the last 2 ½ yrs. But my shrink recons( I showed her my journal from first attempt that I was getting relief.) looking back my I started on 20mg then up to 30mg at 3 weeks then 40 mg at 4 weeks. Just starting low and slow this time. Like other im going to try and keep an update so it will be of use to myself and others. I have also been given 25mg of quetiapine to help with anxiety, but the whole antipsychotic label just adds to the anxiety. Most recently I was on Wellbutrin(Zyban) 24th Dec to end of Feb. Had one week where I could really concentrate at work but it was not good as I felt high but not happy with it but as if I was being dragged along by the collar. However I have resisted starting again for 2 months to see how I go alone, but I am not able to function with any level of effectiveness in the office. I feel like everyone else in the office is in one world and I’m in the other. In a strange way there is a modicum of comfort that I have let go and not try to fight my own head any longer.

Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated,

Peace and serenity,

Paul

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Here comes the yawning and nausea. Still havent lost plot:)

aprilmoon
24-04-14, 14:53
Hi Paul
I'm on different meds but I know there's a lot of people on here who I'm sure can help more
Just to say we come and you've come to a good place here
Good luck.cos when it comes down to it were all trying to slay the same dragon,dispite the different armour.
Take care

pinkdove
24-04-14, 14:59
hi paul and good luck with the citalopram it has worked for me in the past and i hope it works for you xx

SADnomore
24-04-14, 16:34
Hi, Paul, "still haven't lost the plot" lolol! All the best to you, fella keep posting!!! ...
Marie :bighug1:
And pinkdove, hunni, so good to see you! Been looking for you everywhere! Come back to your massive thread and say hi to the new folks and give us a bit of an update, pleeeaaase? :D

SarahH
24-04-14, 16:38
Well done Paul.... nice and slow that's how I did it...... in fact I started on 2.5mgs....now that as hard to cut the pill but it worked:D

sarah

Sober2000june
24-04-14, 17:17
April/ Pink / Marie and Sarah,

Thankyou so much for the encouragement. A part of me feels a bit better thinking this time its going to work with the guidance of my fellow travellers who can empathise.

Pink, great to hear from you, are you still on venla?

Sarah, i definately agree with the low and slow method. Im just going to see how it goes one day at a time on the 5mg. If i can tolerate it i'll keep at that as we are about to move house in 4 weeks.

many thanks,

Paul:hugs:

clio51
24-04-14, 20:35
Hi Paul

Just wanted to say hope cut works for you this time, as you say you have tried so many!! So it's got to be yours this time.

You do very well,
you hold a job down, go on holidays(which would freak most people out)
Have a young family and now moving house!
Where do you get your strength from!

Keep posting would love to hear you've made it!:)

nicola1980
24-04-14, 21:03
Hi Paul, wishing you lots of luck, cit was a fantastic med for me for years only wish id stayed on it! Keep posting and let us know how your getting on x x

Marty_67
24-04-14, 22:02
Keep going Paul, Cit has really helped to put me back on an even keel.

Sober2000june
24-04-14, 22:21
Thanks Clio, Nicola and Marty:)

Good to hear from you Clio & Nicola.

Nice to meet you Marty.

Thanks for the encouragement guys:hugs:

Paul

Marty_67
24-04-14, 22:59
This forum is amazing, I am especially fond of my friends in the Cit section :)

Nice to meet you too, Paul

Sober2000june
25-04-14, 16:53
Day 2

Still not lost the plot. Felt a bit emotional whilst on treadmil at lunchtime, but it was good cos it felt human if that makes any sense.

Hows everyone?

Paul:hugs:

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

yawning nausea tired edgy from 3 o clock.:wacko:

this too shall pass:)

pinkdove
25-04-14, 17:43
hi paul yes still on the ven but have reduced to 75mg now and feeling back to my normal self at last

cit is a good med and works wonders for a lot of people when i was first on it it gave me my life back and i was back at work within a few weeks i hope it works that well for you too and your right to take things nice and slow let your body adjust take care xx

clio how are you hunni xx

Sober2000june
26-04-14, 23:37
Day 3 had a reasonable night. Dare I say slightly positive.
Take care folks:hugs: