PDA

View Full Version : is anybody want quit smoke wit me start tomorrow

wins829
24-04-14, 12:56
Yesterday i read fishmanpas post. Make me think is time to quit smoking. Is anybody want be my quit smoke buddy. And give me tips how to quite.

kurtis1990
24-04-14, 13:15
Hi there. I quit 4 months ago and here's a few tips to help you :)

Use NRT if you feel quitting cold turkey will be to hard.

Remind yourself how much giving up is going to improve your health

Place all the money you save into a jar and treat yourself at the end of the month

Think of giving up smoking as something that's easy and not hard atall. Half the battle is your mind telling you this is going to be hard.

Lastly stay postive and remember the cravings will eventually stop and you will feel so much better for quitting

wins829
24-04-14, 13:46
Thanks kurtis. I try numbers of time. For me the hardest time is when I'm upset . And after meals. When those time i just automatic light up a smoke

Jonesle
24-04-14, 14:13
My hardest one was after a meal and when I was waiting for something, apparently it only takes 21 days to make a habit, so perhaps make a new healthier one, eg after a meal go and brush your teeth or go for a walk or have a conversation with someone x

wins829
24-04-14, 14:15
Thanks jonesle. I will try your tips.

Andy699
24-04-14, 18:21
Hey, I was going to quit today. Just waiting for my sister to drop me off some nicotine patches

wins829
24-04-14, 20:37
Andy i change my mind. I start today too. Is been 5 hour without the smoke.just getting harder and harder with the minutes and hour pass by. But I'm hanging here. How about you?

Fishmanpa
24-04-14, 20:42
Awesome post! :yesyes: GO FOR IT! You can do it!

Positive thoughts

wins829
24-04-14, 20:52
Thanks fishmanpa. I try quit so many times. But end up smoke again. Hope this time i will do it for real.

pau1200
25-04-14, 20:24
Hi,

I used to be a smoker quit 5.5yrs ago, still panic about if i quit to late. Is smoked 20 a day for 14 years and tried everything including nrt and even joined a quit smoking group. It was like hell and i always failed, and i did try really hard.

Then i was given a copy of Allen Carrs easy way to stop smoking, its a book you read whilst smoking, took me 3 nights to read. Finished the book and went to bed, woke up the next morning and had i had no cigarettes left, but it wasnt until the evening i remembered I hadnt smoked, and from that point forward i was no longer a smoker. No cravings, no withdraw symtoms i was just not a smoker. I have given copies to about 10 people and 9 of them stopped like I did, the other refused to read past a point.

I have the book as a pdf so im not sure if i can post it, i did buy the book after as the guy who wrote it changed my life. Its worth a try.