PDA

View Full Version : There is no 'magic pill'..

Nel
05-12-06, 13:09
But damn I wish there was!!!
Sorry if this is a bit random, it's just that I've (as I bet we all have) read in so many books, websites and been told by every expert I've seen that there is 'no magic pill' and I always think how I REALLY wish there was.
If there was just a pill, which promised no side effects, lifted our mood, and stopped us reacting as we do to scary thoughts, situations or whatever our triggers are and it had no prospect of negative long term issues.
How wonderful would that be?

Nel xxx

manmoor
05-12-06, 13:15
Hi Nel,

That would be bloody wonderful lol. Lets live in hope eh lol. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Piglet
05-12-06, 15:51
Or even a big golden key would be nice too.

Meanwhile guess we'll have to stick with our babysteps formula won't we!

:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Nel
05-12-06, 19:13
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Or even a big golden key would be nice too.

Meanwhile guess we'll have to stick with our babysteps formula won't we!

:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 05 December 2006 : 15:51:48</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

[Sigh...] - that we will hon, baby steps and being brave! Ach we can dream though, eh?

Nel xxx

LickeyEndBlues
05-12-06, 20:06
Hate to disillusion you all but there is a magic pill/key/wand.

There always has been and it is in a very safe and magical place. It is a place that you now pretty well but because you sometimes look so hard you can't see. It is a place that will provide you the greatest comfort.

The magic pill/key/wand is in you!!

Forget the hype of adverts etc

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Nel
06-12-06, 12:21
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hate to disillusion you all but there is a magic pill/key/wand.

There always has been and it is in a very safe and magical place. It is a place that you now pretty well but because you sometimes look so hard you can't see. It is a place that will provide you the greatest comfort.

The magic pill/key/wand is in you!!

Forget the hype of adverts etc

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

<div align="right">Originally posted by LickeyEndBlues - 05 December 2006 : 20:06:07</div id="right">

I know, but there is also an imp called anxiety in there doing it's damndest to hide that 'magic key' [Sigh...]

jill
06-12-06, 14:35
Hi Nel :D

Your searching for the magic key that will unlock
the door to the source of power,
and yet, you have the the key in your own hands,
and you may use it the moment you learn to
control your thoughts.

MMMMM sounds easy does't it [?] thats the hard part about this illness, we look soooo hard to find the key but Mrs anxiety always gets in the way with her negatives :(

All I can say is, KEEP LOOKING, KEEP TRYING, KEEP FIGHTING, Try hard to stay positive, see yourself with that key.
You will win in the end, but it's dame hard.

What I have always said is, its easy to fight with others, but the hardest thing is to fight with yourself.

Take care and one day soon I hope you all find that magic key..

LOVE JILLXX

Nel
06-12-06, 15:01
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Nel :D

Your searching for the magic key that will unlock
the door to the source of power,
and yet, you have the the key in your own hands,
and you may use it the moment you learn to
control your thoughts.

MMMMM sounds easy does't it [?] thats the hard part about this illness, we look soooo hard to find the key but Mrs anxiety always gets in the way with her negatives :(

All I can say is, KEEP LOOKING, KEEP TRYING, KEEP FIGHTING, Try hard to stay positive, see yourself with that key.
You will win in the end, but it's dame hard.

What I have always said is, its easy to fight with others, but the hardest thing is to fight with yourself.

Take care and one day soon I hope you all find that magic key..

LOVE JILLXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 06 December 2006 : 14:35:15</div id="right">

Aw cheers hon. I'm getting there I think, I need to stop beating myself up though over every 'setback'.
How did you do it? Did you have meds, or just therapy? Meds disagree with me big time (I've tried about 4 different ones now), so I'm having to rely on CBT, whch HAS been helpful.

Nel xxx

Edit to say I've recently changed my diet so hoping that will help too, I need to be careful because I lost a stone so I can't be doing with losing any more weight - I'm eating wholemeal bread, only organic meat and fish, plenty fresh fruit and veggies and I've cut out caffeine altogether and cut back my sugar intake. I'm also taking multi vits.