PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE NEEDED cold turkey for cymbalta and mirtazapine

theboy152
24-04-14, 17:09
hi guys i am and 19 year old and i want to stop taking cymbalta and Mirtazapine cold turkey because its taking such a big toll on me. pretty much i was diagnosed with major depression since grade 9 when i was always sleeping in class loss interest in sports before i was really athletic won awards and was the best basketball player in my highschool that all changed when i had depression and felt like fainting when i tryied taking a jumpshot, i lost to much weight,and i cant walk long distance withoit my legs feel like they are burning and i could never feel asleep at night for about 3 months till i took prozac. now its been good 5 years and i am on cymbalta and mirtazapine but the think is im still not athletic as i was before my hands shake all the time and it makes people think i am nervous. but i want to stop taking it and i want to get better, beacuse i no these drugs are poison especially cymbalta, and i want to get healthy and want to start working out, doing yoga etc. i just need advice if this is a good idea, also i smoke marujuana and it helps me so much i feel so much better like actually with no pain in my body and litterly it feels like i am in heaven and i am being healed. Any advice is appercatied thank you

aprilmoon
24-04-14, 17:13
Hi
I think you're going to need quite a bit of help with this.And I think if you want any quality of life you need to do it slowly.
Good luck

SarahH
24-04-14, 17:20
Cymbalta, Mirtazipine and Marijuana:doh:!!!!...I am really not sure what advice you are expecting about Cold Turkey.... but my advice is this.... Get off the dope and see you Dr about reducing meds slowly and properly!!!!

sarah

xrachykinsx
24-04-14, 17:23
I would agree...Marijuana might help you short term, but it's actually probably contributing to your anxiety and depression long-term. It would be pretty bold to actually just quit taking your medication cold turkey. I don't think theres many people that would reccommend you do this hun. xx

Emphyrio
25-04-14, 16:50
Cold turkeying off one drug, let alone two, can be pretty hellish. If you want to come off them, its best to do it very slowly - taking months to taper off each one - because there are too many horror stories of people suffering for years after a cold turkey withdrawal from these meds.

Lluna
26-04-14, 20:49
If you go cold turkey, you ran the risk of relapsing. If you want to give up the medication then go to your doctor and he/she will write a plan to wean you off the meds. You need to take it very slowly and follow the plan.
I also don't think smoking weed is going to help you. I completely agree with racy and it can make your anxiety and depression a lot worst in the long term.
Good luck!