PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

Mrsh11
24-04-14, 18:18
Hi everyone. Just wondered if this is a common thing as it has got me really Down.
I have been struggling with anxiety for a long time and began treatment in the new year. I also started a new job at the same time, this was not through choice, my previous employer closed and my new job is very high pressure. The first couple of months were awful. I could hardly sleep or eat and was terrified all the time. I have been feeling more like myself for the last few weeks but have suddenly gone back to what feels like the start with all the physical symptoms and the wired feeling. I take citalopram and propanolol. Diazepam helps but the gp won't prescribe it. I just feel like giving up. Please can anyone offer any advice?

Crumarbit
24-04-14, 20:43
I am also a week into a relapse from pushing myself and not sticking to changes I have made to help matters! Just have to remember you have been here before and it got better, it will get better again!

James3hr
26-04-14, 11:25
Glad I found you, I was asking around for the same type of advice, I sufffered from anxiety which led to depression then I started taking citalopram, 10mg then 20 then 40 took that for a couple months then finally felt great, I was on them for 5 years, I can say best 5 years of my life. Then I missed 3 days and shit hit the fan I got all these withdrawal symptoms now im coming off the pills but will start my new job here in about a month really worried that I will not perform well. This new job is high pressure as well. that I will have and my problem is not being able to think clearly probably from withdrawl cloudy not being able to focus. what is your dosage on citalopram??

---------- Post added at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 ----------

you might want to up your dose on citalopram, I know its hard to do but also try to go for a jog, run a bit workout. It took me like a year before I felt like a new man the sun was shining and I felt great. IT sucks I missed my dose for 3 days and led me to all these crappy sypmptoms I really didnt want to come off of them especially during this time frame when I will start my new career. I couldnt get back on the pill because for some reason it would just cause sid effects

I'mdave27
26-04-14, 12:39
With anxiety I find if never truly goes away , that's my experience. I think it's a learning process where you can learn to cope but you must remember it's very normal to be anxious , it is now day's , it's part of life. When I'm anxious I don't try to block it out I just let myself feel it