PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out! Prostate cancer?

Andy699
24-04-14, 18:26
Hey everyone! Sorry if it's long but I am seriously freaking out today about prostate cancer. I'm a 19 year old male and my sister has just moved house. So today when I was helping her move furniture from one house to another I noticed that I couldn't stop urinating. I'd only drank 2 cups of coffee at the time which is why i'm freaking out so much right now. Just had to take a Lorazepam and drink a glass of wine just to calm me down! I'm just wandering if there would be more symptoms? Could my anxiety be making me urinate more often? And also is it possible for a 19 year old to get prostate cancer or is it impossible/ highy unlikely. Thanks in advance

NotCool
24-04-14, 18:37
Yes, common anxiety/nervousness symptom is frequent urination. Yes, prostate cancer is extremely unlikely at your age. Also do not mix medication and alcohol. There are mixed opinions about whether caffeine is a diuretic (urges urination frequency) in the scientific community - I don't know about other people, but when I drink coffee, I feel slightly bigger urge to go to the toilet to urinate.

Annie0904
24-04-14, 19:36
Very unlikely at your age as Notcool has said. Coffee is a diuretic and makes most people urinate more often. Anxiety also makes you want to go more :)