PDA

View Full Version : Some positives

mummyanxious
24-04-14, 21:03
Well I've been at my whits end for as long as I can remember. You're all fed up with me.

But I *may* have turned a corner. It's very early days so I won't speak too soon.

I tried another AD last week which made me groggy all day and second day without it I had the worst panic for a long while. That was yesterday morning.

But since my dr visit yesterday I've been feeling very motivated. I've formulated myself a plan and its keeping me motivated.

Last week I read 'at last a life' which has really made a lot of sense to me. So I am carrying forward the principals from this. Since that day I have been active, even if in a small form, every day. Last night I started the strength and flex nhs podcast and today I've done the couch to 5k in my front room (because I couldn't go out with two kids in bed and figured it was better jogging on the spot and up and down than not at all). And I didn't die.

Tonight I sat outside having a cup of tea. This is not something I've done for a long time, just sat and relaxed. I always hide up in my bedroom and avoid doing things I used to do to pass the time. But tonight I just sat and felt happy for the first time on a very long while. Certainly this year. I even smiled to myself.

Thank you everyone who has offered me advice lately. I may not looked to have taken it on board but I took in every comment that was made to me and acted on as much as I could.

I am hoping the good days outnumber the bad and I have a summer to look forward to with my gorgeous children.

Catherine S
24-04-14, 21:13
Well done that girl! Ok, you might have a crap day tomorrow but sounds like you have turned that corner, the one that we in recovery all turn eventually, and yes, the good days will eventually take over the bad. Small steps. Be proud :D

SarahH
24-04-14, 21:23
Well done.... you see we all may seem harsh but we mean well as we have all been there........... baby steps...remember today as a good day and even if tomorrow is crap it will get better in the end.

sarah

katesa
24-04-14, 22:31
Hey lady,

I rarely come on these days but I saw this and wanted to say how brilliantly you are doing. Had a brief look at your recent posts and wow girl! So much progress and rationalising other people! You go madam.

As was said before, you may well find you have another bad day soon. Accept it, ride it out and remind yourself of how you felt today and what an achievement you made to feel it.

Dead chuffed for ya x

Sar89
25-04-14, 01:45
Hello followed your posts a lot as you seem to have many of the same fears and 'symptoms' as me... Just want to say I'm really pleased for you that your doing such positive things with yourself. There will be good and bad days just remember to keep your chin up xx

mummyanxious
25-04-14, 06:58
Thank you ladies :)

Been there done it before so I know what it's like to feel good but when you feel better the random anxiety waves are things you can handle.

Now if anyone could just give me the key to getting a good nights sleep I would be very happy indeed because tossing and turning all night is just getting boring now :(

RoseEve
25-04-14, 11:46
That's awesome mummy! This how it starts one good day turns into many :)