PDA

View Full Version : spaced out!!!!

eve22
24-04-14, 22:45
When I look at the world around me, my keyboard, my TV, my monitor, my room, the road, cars, ANYTHING, its like I am very VERY detached from it, everything looks really surreal, like I have had 3 triple vodkas! the Stand by light on my TV is fuzzy, well its not blurred, its just like, ODD, so hard to describe, but it is like I am LESS CONSCIOUS, or in a dream, or not living my own reality, it is very upsetting and really unpleasant, now unlike Panic Anxiety, I don't get this when i panic, in fact I don't ever really panic, it seemed to come on after a stressful period, and STAY, and I mean STAY, not come on when I get stressed or upset, just came, AND STAYED this was weeks ago, now this did not help my stress, because I then developed Anxiety as a result of having a symptom that nobody could tell me what it was, so I started worrying I was dying/going mad, Brain Tumor etc, SOMETHING MUST be wrong to cause such a REAL symptom, sure then I got a load of symptoms all associated with Anxiety, please help or advise me, it would be so much appreciated to here some advice or just to hear from anybody who knows, or understands this problem, especially people who have this Surreal state of mind all the time, not just on occasion. also floaters in my eyes are awful!!:scared15:

Marty_67
24-04-14, 22:55
Hi Eve, I have really suffered from this too.

I don't seem to suffer as much nowadays but I have always been a deep thinker and able to lift myself out of a situation...almost like I am looking down and analysing every word, every action. Surreal. I over analysed everything and it drove me quite bonkers.

The early days of Cit sometimes felt like slo-mo. It was weird but it did subside.

What Cit has given me back is the ability to shrug my shoulders and not worry about everything and anything. I now try to worry about the here and now and stuff that matters, stuff that makes a difference.

As I always say, each day brings it's own challenges but I now try to deal with them as they happen rather than pre-empt them. I find that life's a bit better when it's a little more spontaneous.

I hope you feel better soon x

eve22
24-04-14, 23:41
Thank you for the reply!
I just hope this pass soon i dont like feeling like this, its worse when i wake up out my sleep! Then i cant go back! Glad your feeling better! This is my 2nd week on CIT!!

k1
25-04-14, 04:09
I'm feeling spaced out too eve! In a weird bubble. X

Marty_67
25-04-14, 07:19
My sleeping was all over the place in the early days. I would wake at 3 or 4 am and then just lay there thinking about stuff :(

Much better now (bout 20 weeks in)

eve22
25-04-14, 14:29
well my sleep pattern has just started to mess up, i will wake up about 2 or 3 and just think about crazy stuff that will keep me up scared to go back to sleep!!! So i would have to take hydroxyzine pam just to go back to sleep!!!

k1
26-04-14, 14:47
SAME, GOT SOME SLEEPING PILLS FROM THE DOC...SLEPT LIKE baby last night...lush!

KeeKee
26-04-14, 22:26
I was on Citalopram for almost 4 months. I too felt 'spaced out' and not myself to the point I had to come off them. I was put on Paroxetine which worked wonders.

eve22
27-04-14, 03:04
Oh no dont tell me that cause i have switched 4 different times in 5 months.. Dont plan on switching again!!