PDA

View Full Version : Help please, family thinks I'm overacting...

Forgotten
25-04-14, 00:30
I've been getting scared lately for the past two weeks as every day of the week is a new pain. It started happening after a heavy night of drinking and I noticed my left arm was numb and it was radiating to my chest. I had a panic attack that day and called 9-1-1. The next day I had a pretty bad one sided headache on my right middle-lower side. I didn't go to the hospital, until the next day when it continued with the arm pain radiating again. The doctors said it was anxiety, and an inflamed cartilage, but I think they were just trying to label something on it. I then got bad pressure in my chest and on the right side of my face. There was also cold "trickles" sometimes when I went walking, or went for a jog. It also manifested into upper back pains and head fog and confusion. I went in one last time to have them say, what do you want. I honestly just want to feel better. They made me take a urine test, a blood test, an EKG, and a chest x-ray. All of which came back normal. They also put me on medication because I was having sensitivity to light and pains really bad on the right side still which caused me to have a panic attack because of maxeran or benadryl. Now I won't go back because I'm scared of the medicine, but I'm lying in bed with really bad neck/upper back pain and that dang headache pain that comes and goes dully about. If anyone has any suggestions, comforting words, anything, I would be appreciative. Thank you all and have a great day...

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

I also during the start of the second week forgot to mention my right arm hurt for a day and a half too... I'm just so scared. :/ The only thing that's making me anxious is this right now >.<!! All these pains switching up and moving around with that headache that comes and goes, and sometimes isn't there for a day.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Oh and just yesterday I was having really bad throat pains, but I wake up and it's basically gone with just "remnants" of pain still there. Although this sounds odd, I don't know why this happened...

Elliott
25-04-14, 00:47
I always, always get the migrating pains too, so you are not alone in that. Recently I have been trying to ask myself this question whenever I feel my body start to twinge or complain: am I sad/angry/insert negative emotion about something? or is something else bothering me that isn't about health at all. Usually, some issue does come up that has been stressing me out even if I didn't know it.

It may or may not work for you, but try asking yourself if you have anything particularly stressful or unpleasant in your mind. The pain often comes from that place.

Barring any stress, it could just be a weird pain that comes and goes, and is highly unlikely to be anything really serious. Bodies are strange.

Forgotten
25-04-14, 00:52
I'm going to have a try at your suggestion, as who knows, you may just be right.

Yeah, these pains are making me negative about everything right now, sorta feels like a circle... :/

And thank you so much for replying. Honestly made me feel better to hear that I'm not alone with these pains and sensations haha... :)