PDA

View Full Version : Severe panic attacks, helpless

maddierose98
25-04-14, 03:02
Ok so I'm 15 and have been dealing with anxiety for about 3 years. My anxiety levels rise and drop a lot but for about 5 weeks I have currently been agoraphobic. When I try to leave my house I get derealization/depersonalization, can't breathe and all these symptoms. About 4 weeks ago at home I got a really bad panic attack and I got one again last night for no reason. Nothing at all helps apart from major distraction, breathing techniques make me feel worse. I feel like I'm going to die (which I have a phobia of), I feel hopeless, and like I've hit the end of the road. I feel anxious everyday but the rare panic attacks that I have within the house I can't handle. I feel like there's a lot of air in my throat that I'm gonna choke on, I can't breathe, I'm really shaky, sweaty, nauseous and my thoughts are all disorientated. I've seen psychologists and medications and stuff but it didn't work out. What do I do :'(

kayleylouise1992
25-04-14, 03:03
Has anyone tried hypnotherapy, P.S i will update everyone on whether this works for me! :) i have a session this weekend, as i have suffered with panic attacks for 3 years now, everyday sometimes every 10 mins, i don't want to resort to tablets if i don't have to, but im 21 and have a two year old and it feels like its ruling my life now, any advice would be great thank you! :)

Lilmissme83
25-04-14, 04:13
Maddierose98,

I am a 30 year old female from California. I started with panic attacks at age 8 but they got so severe by the time I turned 15 that I hardly left the house and developed a severe eating disorder. I have since been able to control my fears/anxieties until here recently.

When I would get panic attacks I always found it helpful to go to a quite place (away from other people) so I could focus myself. I would then talk to myself "your fine" "you know what this is" "your not dying" (my worst fear) "stop and focus yourself" "you feel funny cause your body is in flight or fight mode". These technique did not work for me right away but with repetition I could "talk" myself down. I found that laying on my side, and shaking my foot up and down helped to take my mind off of things.

Breathing techniques made me feel bad too but I did breath into a paper bag when a bad one would come on quick.

I know how frustrating and overwhelming this can be! Having it wear on you everyday is such a downer but hang in there. Just try anything you hear of until something works for you!

DEREKG
27-04-14, 23:50
Hi Rose. This is all scary stuff and I know how it feels when you're in the middle of it. I guess the first and main thing you need to do is see a doctor and maybe talk to somene close. A good friend or a family member? Take care and well done for coming here to be open about it :)