PDA

View Full Version : From one scare to another MIL's schizophrenia.

Montana2
25-04-14, 04:17
Just recently came out of a terrible health scare with my son. Now that my mind is able to relax and get back to normal.....anxiety is taking over again.

This time it is not about my sweet boy being ill. It is about my Mother in law. We will be building an apartment for her next to our home. She is not able to take care of her self financially. My husband and I have agreed to take care of her. The big problem, and the reason for my now anxiety is that she is paranoid schizophrenic and has broken her promise to us of taking care of her decease and following treatment.

In the past I have been targeted by her as being part of THEM...... I am in a terrible anxious state. My husband keeps saying to stand up to her, but I choose not to to keep things between her and me peaceful. I don't want to become enemy number 1 again.

I just want to cry. I am afraid not going to be able to cope with her being here and I am so worried that my marriage is going to suffer or end. I rather be alone than miserable and stressed.

Has anyone gone through anything similar and how did you cope?