PDA

View Full Version : can anyone shed the light

kirky100
25-04-14, 08:09
Hi, I'm new to all this, I have had panic attacks for 16 yrs, my panic or fears have changed from different things over the years, just wondered if anyone can help me with the way I feel and If anyone else feels like it so I don't feel so alone..I wake up every morning and I can only describe it as I feel I'm not here, I look at my children and feel sick to my stomach because i don't want to feel anxious, its scares me im going to go mad feeling like I'm not here, anyone else feel like this

flossie
25-04-14, 08:52
Hi. Be reassured that you are not going mad and you are not going to go mad. Anxiety can be heightened first thing in the morning because of the overnight fasting. Make sure that you have something to eat and drink as soon as possible after waking. This will help to restore the blood sugar level and rehydrate your body.
Eat a light snack, something like a yogurt or piece of fruit, I have bread and honey, about an hour before bed. This will help the blood level from dropping so far during sleep.
There is a natural reason for feeling this way. Many people find it difficult in the mornings but because of our anxieties we exagerate how we are feeling. We constantly search and remind ourselves that we aren't getting off to a good start.
Try to change the way you think. Accept that there is a real reason for the early morning wobbles. Having something to eat, it may be difficult to get down because of the way you are feeling, just a biscuit and a glass of water will be a start and you should start to feel stronger.