PDA

View Full Version : Stiff in the morning?

Gemmal
25-04-14, 10:21
For the past couple of months I have been waking up in the morning so stiff! It usually eases off in a few hours.

I originally thought there was a link between taking my birth control before I go to bed , however I googled ( of course I did) and nop nothing!

What did come up though was Fibromylagia? This seems a very misunderstood disease however the symptoms are very similar to those of anxiety!

Im not sure if I worry during the night and that's why im so stiff I also have itching which starts at night and disturbs my sleep. Of course this leads me to believe I do infact have lymphoma , the disease I fear all along. However, I started itching two and half years ago...rationally I would be ill by now?

Another interesting point made was fibromyalgia patients tend to have an intolerance to alcohol in the sense that it makes pain worse, something I have dealt with for over two years ( hence the lymphoma fears).

Does anyone have some thoughts? I cant face going to my doctor with another illness lol.

the chances of me having lymphoma are low right? I hope so.

Not sure if I fancy being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia either, or it could be like the doctor said ,,, anxiety :shrug:

thanks guys,

Gemma xxx

yenool
25-04-14, 12:25
I think it is virtually impossible you have lymphoma. It is way more likely to be anxiety or perhaps fibromyalgia (which many doctors think is caused by anxiety anyway). Itching or weird skin sensations can be caused by anxiety too...... or perhaps something really simply like a mild allergy to something in your bedding sheets?

Gemmal
25-04-14, 12:46
yenool, thanks for the response! Interesting that doctors believe fibro could be caused by anxiety! the way my life has been the past two years I would not be surprised.

I don't think its the bed sheets as I lived in Australia when the itching started and it has continued in the UK, your right its probably caused by anxiety!

Thank you :)

skippy66
25-04-14, 13:40
I thought it was only men who suffered from morning stiffness...

Gemmal
25-04-14, 14:06

:D

Fishmanpa
25-04-14, 14:51

Dang... took the type right out of my fingers! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

cpe1978
25-04-14, 20:19
Oh I am so slow. I was popping in to make that comment :)

pau1200
25-04-14, 20:48
The title made me laugh and it looks like we all have dirty minds.

Gemmal
25-04-14, 23:10
Haha didn't even think when writing the title ! Lol glad I made you laugh , it's something we could all use with all this anxiety !

RoseEve
25-04-14, 23:18
Hahahaha I thought these things too. We are perverts :roflmao:

nomorepanic
25-04-14, 23:27
I was about to move the post to the "male personal worries" forum :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
26-04-14, 08:47
I was about to move the post to the "male personal worries" forum :winks:

I think that would be more the opposite if it needed to go on that forum!!!:blush::D

Magic
26-04-14, 11:27
Could not help laughing.:D Anyway I am the same till I get going in the mornings.
and I too have itchingxx