PDA

View Full Version : 4 month update

Marty_67
25-04-14, 13:56
Hey guys, haven't posted an update for a while.

I have been suffering a bit with sciatica which has been incredibly painful and tbh taken my mind off some of my other issues. It was so bad I struggled to dress and get out of bed or even up from a chair. However, I now hope I am over the worst and now feel much better with just the odd twinge!

Now Cit gets blamed for many SEs but I am sure the sciatica was all my own doing :)

So, I am now 4 months in. I do feel fairly steady at the moment. I seem to have lost the need to prepare for every eventuality and I have to say that I am enjoying being a little more unpredictable and spontaneous!

I still get the shakes from time to time. Not mega but enough for people to notice. Occassional fuzzy head but nothing major.

I am suddenly aware of a lot of things going on around me, I think my problems have been the centre of my world for so long that I have forgotten how to be there for those around me.

I do keep checking in - for all you newbies, there is hope! It just all takes time. Give yourself time too, Cit is just part of the healing process - taking medication will help but you also need to take a long look at things too. Self-CBT helped me a lot. I also find that doing things for others (however small) make me feel a much better person.

Nice to talk to you all again.

Stay in touch, PMs always welcome :)

jillyb
25-04-14, 16:45
Thanks for the update Marty and glad you are doing ok. I'm about 7 or '8 weeks in on 20mg. I suppose my mood is a bit better (not that I realised I was depressed) but the HA is still very high, which is why I was put on it. Had another couple of stressful weeks and my tummy is awful again and with it the fears/anxiety. Seeing the GP next week to see where we go from here. I don't know if he will up my dose as I am 61 (though I don't look it - delusional?! Ha!). Keep feeling well Marty. I've found your advice very helpful x

SarahH
25-04-14, 17:28
Great update Marty, glad you are doing well. Hope your back gets better soon.

Sarah

afgzee
27-04-14, 23:53
good you're doing well and still making progress. There's still a long road to pass but seems like you're walking the right path :)