PDA

View Full Version : hi folks need help

anxiety nightmare
25-04-14, 18:03
ive been suffering from stress and constant worry for the last couple of months,and ive noticed ive started to feel very tired and exhausted during the day,ive no problem sleeping through the night either,most nights 10 hours,also noticed that in the middle of the day,i begin to lose my appetite around teatime 5pm,however later at night my appetite returns and i become very hungry and less exhausted,,anyone else ever had have this? as i suffer from health anxiety,ans im worried it could be one of my fears anemia/bowel cancer

aprilmoon
25-04-14, 18:14
Hi
That pattern often relates to depression.
I used to feel a lot better as the night drew on,and then I'd start getting the munchies for snacks and carbs,and end up eating far too late at night.
The tiredness with the anxiety,and possibly some depression, is very common too.
Are you on any meds or anything?

anxiety nightmare
25-04-14, 18:18
hi april,,im on one clomipramine 10mg a day,its a low dose,that was reduced through the years,ive suffered from anxiety/depression/panic attacks etc for 30 years

aprilmoon
25-04-14, 18:33
Is the stress and worry from external things or part of your illness?
Maybe your meds need tweaking?
I was on the same med for ages and in the end it just wasn't doing much at all for me.
When it was combined with something else,it started doing its stuff again.
Maybe have a chat with your doc?
The tiredness is the worst when you feel like this,if you can get to grips with that,you
Can start to feel much better.

anxiety nightmare
25-04-14, 19:05
thanks april,back to the docs seems the best option,thankyou

aprilmoon
25-04-14, 19:15
You're welcome,hope you're feeling much better soon.
At the beginning of the year I was so poorly with anxiety and depression, I was thinking I'd never get well.
I'd been on venlafaxine for years but they were hardly doing anything,then the psychiatrist added mirtazapine, very slowly, and its made such a difference.
Good luck