PDA

View Full Version : Asthma fear

violet33
25-04-14, 20:34
I'm just getting over sinus infection that i took antibiotics for. Facial pressure. & post nasal drip that kept dripping into throat. NOW I'm
Getting a bit of wheezing but NO trouble breathing. De told me sinus infections are stubborn. Is it typical to have wheezing after infection. This is NOT bronchitis. I just start fearing every thing you can imagine.

LiveAboveIt
26-04-14, 18:51
It's completely normal. Don't worry about it. I had a sinus infection last year and had the same symptoms you've described.

violet33
27-04-14, 04:26
Thank You so much for responding. Your reply helps me a lot.

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-14, 04:37
Just to add Voilet, I've had asthma for over 25 years and it has barely ever caused any issues and doesn't with my anxiety issues.

It's very easily controlled thesedays. Asthma has accelerated in children over the past few decades so it's quite widespread and the NHS deal with it pretty well in the UK. Perhaps it's the same in your country?

Your GP can easily test you for asthma with a peak flow meter that you blow into several times. He/she won't want to do it probably because they believe it to be the infection aftermaths but if it carries on, they could check it if they have a concern.

But honestly, it's only chronic asthma that is a problem for people and we are talking about people who can't walk up stairs, have oxygen talks, in-house nebulisers, etc. People with normal asthma can run marathon's and do what people without can do.