PDA

View Full Version : Peripheral vision dots

NotCool
25-04-14, 20:38
Well, this is an issue that doesn't seem "imaginary" for me, as most anxiety physical symptoms can be.

For the last month or two, I've been experiencing white tiny flashes, dots in my left eye, peripheral (marginal) vision. 99% of the time I only notice them when I lay down in the dark, with only the computer screen lightening up the room - when I watch a movie/show.

At that time, I'm not nervous, anxious or anything. I feel that it stops after 30 minutes or so. I also had a routine eye check a month ago (normal manual inspection from the eyesight doctor with using the flashlight) and he didn't say anything - I didn't mention anything to him about the flashes.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

SADnomore
26-04-14, 05:42
Hmmm. Could be ocular migraine. There is a kind that comes without pain. Thankfully, this is the kind I get. Usually does just affect one eye, however they can happen with both, too (20%). A bit debilitating, but they pass after 1/2 hour or so, yes. Doctor says they are totally harmless, they originate in the brain, not the eye ... I did get a real migraine a couple of weeks ago but I triggered that one with chocolate :'(
Marie

NotCool
27-04-14, 13:38
Thank you for the answer, SNM. Naturally, my first association was my nemesis, the brain tumor fear, lol. I figure, though, that they would have picked something up on my eye exam more than a month ago.