PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and blood clot/heart fears.

Chloe34517
25-04-14, 21:19
This morning I woke up at 8, got in the bath with my phone in my hand as I hadn't put it down on to the table by the bath yet...Somehow I must have dosed off without realising it, because the next thing I knew was luckily being startled awake because I felt my phone starting to get wet (luckily only the bottom of it had touched the water so no damage done). I keep being so uncontrollably sleepy and I get such sudden waves of drowsiness that are really hard to fight. I was just out driving and came home quickly because I felt so sleepy and didn't trust myself driving. Right now my eyes are ridiculously sore and hard to keep open and I just feel like I'm constantly a moment away from falling asleep.

Also, most days while I'm out I wear spanx (lycra type 'hold me ins'), because I'm ridiculously self conscious and have a huge fear of going out without them. About a month or two ago I noticed the side of my thigh hurt to touch, like a bruise but with no mark other than a tiny red scar like line. Since them, both sides of my thighs are tender to touch and feel bruised. In my left thigh, I keep getting unbearable pins and needles in the thigh that prickles so much and feels like somebody is stabbing my skin with burning needles. I'm scared because I didn't realise that these spanx pants can cause blood clots. I'm trying to cut down wearing them, but I still have to wear them sometimes otherwise im too scared to leave the house :(.

I'm also worrying about my extremely fluctuating heart rate
(From 54 to 110 ish at rest), even when I'm not particularly anxious. I get pains, spasms, tightness, heaviness, breathlessness and walking up stairs feels unbearable and impossible. It feels like I can't take a fully deep breath as it seems to cut off half way and I have a lot of mucus that often has blood in it. Seeing the doctor Tuesday, thankfully, but just need some reassurance until then I guess x

roxy90
25-04-14, 21:26
Don't think I can reassaure you because I worry about exactly the same thing but I have all those symptoms and was told I didnt have a PE x

Chloe34517
25-04-14, 23:02
Don't think I can reassaure you because I worry about exactly the same thing but I have all those symptoms and was told I didnt have a PE x

It's so scary :(

roxy90
26-04-14, 11:12
It is horrible. Spending the entire day wondering when you're going to drop dead is terrible. Its always worse on a weekend knowing the doctors isn't open and I can't get to out of hours.
My chest, face etc is tight and I feel dizzy and sick I'm so scared too :( and I've been having leg pains too which makes it so much worse xz

cpe1978
26-04-14, 11:20
Can I ask you both a question?

Do you spend all day walking the streets wondering whether the car that passes will hit you? Because the situation would suggest it is a possibility? Statistically speaking that is far more likely.

The problem with HA is that we focus on the 0.1% possibility (which is generous actually) and allow that to rule our lives. Yes things happen, yes most things are solvable to a greater or lesser extent and yes some people die. You have to fear not living more than fearing dying.

So, the average life expectancy for a woman in the UK is 80. Given that very few people live lots longer than that, it illustrates that 80 is the age that the vast vast majority of women in the UK will reach if they look after themselves.

Try something else. Let's assume the chances of you having a blood clot is 1/1000, which as I say is generous. Google a random number generator and set it to pick random numbers between 1-1000. Now hit go - did it pick your number? I doubt it. Now pick another number and go again. I just found that a useful illustration of odds when I was at the height of HA and drew some comfort from it.

SarahH
26-04-14, 11:21
Chloe, I thought all the heart/pulse things were being dealt with by the Dr and now you are taking Pregabalin for anxiety (on your other posts).

I have never heard of blood clots being caused by spanx:huh: They are caused by behind sedentary for long periods of time.

I would say the drowsiness is the pregablin which will pass with time.

sarah

Chloe34517
26-04-14, 17:40
Cpe1978 - Thank you for this x

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

SarahH - They're monitoring it but they've only been checking it about once every 2-3 weeks and they don't see the massive changes in it. I'm seeing a doctor on Tuesday so I'll hopefully make it until then and talk to them about it. I stopped taking the pregablin because I was too scared :(

mummyanxious
26-04-14, 19:21
Chloe what were you scared about with the medication? I think they're supposed to be one of the gentlest anti depressants. Did you have side effects?
How are you feeling?

SarahH
26-04-14, 19:50
Pregabalin is specifically for anxiety NOT depression.... how long were you taking it o
For?

Chloe34517
26-04-14, 20:58
Mummyanxious - I have major medication anxiety, especially since I got internal bleeding on my high dose of venlafaxine. I get scared about side effects and sudden death, because if I did have an underlying heart problem then I could die x

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

SarahH - I only took it for a day because it made me so tired and I got a headache and then I panicked even more x