PDA

View Full Version : Help me please frequent urination

Mehr
25-04-14, 21:27
Hello to all...new member here.

I am so very scared and stressed about this. For the last 3 months I have been suffering from severe frequent urination. Nothing seems to help. Today, in just 2 hours I have been to the toilet at least 3 times. What makes me anxious is that I have been peeing in large amount too. The volume seems too much. I have not drank much fluids today (2 glasses of water) . I feel worse because for the last few days I have been trying to be relaxed and I even managed to pee only once every one and a half to two hours. ( though apparently it is still considered as frequency) Dunno what happened today and i feel like peeing every 45 minutes and not in small amount too. I have consulted three doctors but none of the medications seem to work. I have not yet been treated for anxiety though since none of my doctors mentioned stress. I used to worry a lot about diabetes because I occasionally suffer from dry mouth too and even before this I used to pee a lot (around 8 times) though I use to drink a lot of water but I was able to be in control of my bladder. However now my condition has become unbearable. I am afraid of going out and keep worrying constantly about my frequent urination issue. My bro-in law said maybe I am suffering from overactive-bladder. I noticed that i started getting this frequent urination after some stressful days back in January. It was sudden and it is not stopping even after 3 months.. I have tested for diabetes twice and my readings are ok. I have no kidney and uterus problems nor UTI. I feel so helpless and scared. This is ruining my life. Nothing seems to help-neither medicines nor prayers. I am tired of taking medicines that are not helping me at all. Tonight i just broke down and cried a lot. I am only 23 years old. Please tell me if anxiety can cause all this. Will anxiety meds help? Thank you for reading. I am sorry if this is too long to read. Much blessings.:hugs:Any advice will be helpful.

I must mention I have given up on tea since 2 months ago and I also have been recently diagnosed with Polycystic ovary syndrome :(

xBettyBoopx
26-04-14, 00:43
Hi and welcome Mehr

I can see how this peeing a lot is annoying coz I am in the same boat. Certainly anxiety can cause you to urinate frequently and sitting around worrying and thinking about it won't help either. I was told a while ago that not drinking much can make you go a lot although I don't know how true that is. I pee a lot every hour but I daren't go to the docs coz I also worry about diabetes.

I am not sure what to suggest to you as you have had all the tests :wacko:

Sorry I can't be of help. I just wanted you to know that I am the same and have been like this on and off for a few years now:weep:

mgw
26-04-14, 00:54
Hi,
I have the same problem especially before bed - can go twice in half hour!
Counsellor told me all down to anxiety but I still get worries! But anxiety does cause it so try not to worry xx

Mehr
26-04-14, 11:29
Hi and welcome Mehr

I can see how this peeing a lot is annoying coz I am in the same boat. Certainly anxiety can cause you to urinate frequently and sitting around worrying and thinking about it won't help either. I was told a while ago that not drinking much can make you go a lot although I don't know how true that is. I pee a lot every hour but I daren't go to the docs coz I also worry about diabetes.

I am not sure what to suggest to you as you have had all the tests :wacko:

Sorry I can't be of help. I just wanted you to know that I am the same and have been like this on and off for a few years now:weep:

Thank you for the kind words. I can understand you. I feel awful and no one seems to understand me. Only my sister can console me but she thinks I am just suffering from overactive bladder and not anxiety. I keep thinking and being depressed about my issue all the freaking time.

Actually it was the fear of diabetes that triggered my frequent urination. I have been suffering from dry mouth since nearly two years ago. My family has a history of diabetes and I was so convinced I had it too. I refused to go to the doctor and always avoided taking the test. I became so worried and depressed and I started peeing like every 15 minutes. The next day my mum forced me to take the fasting glucose test and the reading was in a normal range. Despite this , I was not reassured because I did not have dinner the previous night and I thought maybe I cheated. My issue with urination and dry mouth did not stop and I still feared I have diabetes. Three days later, an aunt of mine went to the hospital and I had to accompany her. I also decided to consult a doctor about my issues. The nurse took a random sugar test for me and to my relief, again the reading was ok. The doctor said I have a UTI (he did not do any test) and that my dry mouth was my imagination. I did told him I don't have any pain or burning symptoms but he gave antibiotics anyway.

Despite this i still urinate constantly although my dry mouth seems to be a bit better. I am so frustrated. I have spent a lot on doctors and medicines but to no avail. I still have this tiny fear that I have diabetes (yeah I am too paranoid). Some tell me anxiety is causing this and some tell me anxiety does not cause you to pee in large amounts and that too frequently. I just finished university and I am afraid if this will affect my future job :mad:

I suggest you take the diabetes test. It is better to know it now than suffer the consequences later. I know how you feel. I was nearly trembling while taking the test. Who knows maybe your sugar readings will be normal and you can rule out diabetes and that is one worry less. Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Hi,
I have the same problem especially before bed - can go twice in half hour!
Counsellor told me all down to anxiety but I still get worries! But anxiety does cause it so try not to worry xx

Thank you for replying.:) Yeah mine seems to get severe at night...dunno why. Do you pee in normal amount or less? Mine are almost excessive. :weep:

mgw
26-04-14, 19:00
Hi, mines excessive too, always a lot even when I don't drink much!

Mehr
29-04-14, 16:00
Hi, mines excessive too, always a lot even when I don't drink much!

do you think this is really linked to anxiety? I have friends who go to pee only like 3-5 times in 24hrs. This makes me feel more depressed. :weep: